New build

irishdave

Got my tax return today. Oh yeah! Now i can get my car back on the road. Got an appointment for next month for a rebuild. If I have funds left, maybe a turbo upgrade. Fingers crossed. My car has been sitting since the middle of Jan. and I feel like a kid on christmas. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First mod should be "Sponsor" or Platinum membership! It will add 20 HP! :rofl:

irishdave

I still have to go over the details with my builder. So far, I've only planned the repair portion of the build. Pistons, bearings and such. I plan on building it to handle 500hp. I will probably only take it to the high 300 to low 400 area to keep it a little more reliable. Besides, 400 is plenty for a street car anyways. I will post up the details when I get my plans ironed out. And i was already considering a membership upgrade. :)

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Alright, well keep us posted! I'd be very interested in the initial list of parts/brands/sizes that you come up with.

Have you read over the "building up the heads" thread?

35r

Your a long way from 500 bud, but I'm sure we would all like to see it happen ! Ill be just safely hitting 500 on my DD when my build is finished and im looking at 14k in bolt ons and 6k in built block. Use that message i sent you as a reference .It will give you a basic idea of what you need if your looking for BIG power. If you want a full parts list of what i have going on send me a pm and ill show you. Idk if it would help or not.... But at least you can see what youll need.

irishdave

Like I said, I'm only looking to hit low 400ish. I have a little over 10g to play with. We'll see how far that gets me lol. Also, thanks for the parts list. I will be using that as a reference for sure.

Last edited:

35r

No problem. If you need a full list (i.e. turbo intake manifold headers etc.) let me know !

irishdave

Thanks for the info/advice. Much appreciated. Gonna have to go with pump gas for convenience. And i'm on the fence as to wether to use meth or not. My shop is Maxwell Power here in WA state. All they do is Subaru so I think I am in good hands tuning wise.

irishdave

Yeah, I know how I am and I would always be worried about it running out or something malfunctioning in it and killing my motor.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
to be fair, a well designed system has a lot of failsafes, so even if you do run out, you're ok.

35r

i agree with Grinder, there are some that are designed with good failsafes... mine just was not one of them. when i ran out, my tune was set up to still try to spray...

Td_d

Commander In Chief
So, if it runs out, does it pull timing or what? Sorry for the noob question.
It kicks the car into failsafe (limp home) mode, that uses and alternate set of fueling tables, and drops IAM, so timing is dropped across the board.

irishdave

So, here is a preliminary parst/labor list. Blueprinted and balanced, 4340H-beam rods forged pistons. Master gasket set. New timing belt. Timing idler set, all 4 timing idlers. Timing belt tensioner. Resufrace heads, machine valve and valve seat surfaces. Set lash. Engine removal, disassemble, clean, assembly and install. All fluids. Spark plugs. modified oil pump. New Oem clutch if needed. IAT sensor kit. Perrin turbo inlet. Cobb AP. Killer Bee oil pickup. Might of forgot a few things, but i think thats pretty much it. Added cam gears, as stock ones were chipped. Not quite sure how that happened.

Last edited: