New build

irishdave

Cams will come when i have more money. As far as the oil pump, I don't remember what he said but it made sense at the time lol. It was a reliability thing if i remember correctly.

irishdave

I saved up some extra money, so i decided to throw cams on the list. :) Kelford 264 cams with Manley valve springs and Ti retainers. Gonna get her in the shop on March 12.

irishdave

Appointment made for tues. Mar 12. Can't wait. Took a half day off work so i can get her towed to the shop. I'll post up some shop pictures and some pics of their rides.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just dropped my car off at the shop. Should be done within 2 weeks. I'm pretty excited. :)

Nice. Keep us informed on how it goes.

irishdave

Might be picking her up tomorrow. Feels like I've been waiting forever. Gonna be torture getting those break in miles done.

I'm so jelly, I've been reading along in the dark :geek: I'm still in the rebuild process of my ej257 hybrid on my 04 WRX fully converted STi due to a spun bearing. How much did just the labor cost for the disassemble/cleaning/machining/boring/honing/assemble/balance/blueprint of the block? I found in Tampa, FL @ S&R Performance is willing to do the labor for 750$ on the shortblock with the heads, then plus the broken parts list they need to replace. I feel like I'm getting a good deal, but I dunno. What do you think?

irishdave

My shop charged 16 hours labor at 105 an hour. Do the math. :) Sounds like a good deal if they know what they are doing.

My shop charged 16 hours labor at 105 an hour. Do the math. :) Sounds like a good deal if they know what they are doing.

oh wow, sounds like im getting a deal. they do good work, ill keep my eye out tho

irishdave

Starting to get frustrated. Was supposed to pick up my car today. Now we are having problems with 2 of the cylinders not getting spark.

Starting to get frustrated. Was supposed to pick up my car today. Now we are having problems with 2 of the cylinders not getting spark.

:sorry: thats blows man, always something new. did they figure out what was causing the problem?

Not yet. Maybe a timing issue. Or coils? No idea really. Hope they are working on it.

hmm, if its not the plugs, coils, have them check the wiring connectors for the injectors on the harness. The hardest misfire i encountered was on my old 02 bugeye rex. i replaced the coils, plugs, and it was just the harness plugs that clip in the injectors, got 2 news ones and spliced them in and bam, no misfire.

Or it could be a timing issue like u said?