New Cobb Tuning Products

TK-421

So ran across this little bit of information the other day, a Cobb R&D update.

For 08-14 STi owners, looks like Cobb is going to be offering a 20G Turbo Kit. I find this very interesting that they picked the GR/GV chassis with known factory issues such as faulty FPR, fuel stumble issues, PCV issues, etc etc.

They must have done some EXTENSIVE research for it, if they feel this confident to release a actual cobb sanctioned turbo kit.

Here is the video, have a look see for yourselves. And honestly I'd stay tuned to what Cobb is doing. They seem to really be stepping the game up of recent.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude this would be perfect with crawfords eco block! Imagine the power gains!

:lol:
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OH BOY!

We better not post this to our Social Media pages. :rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Offering the turbo kit is one thing but if they offer engine management with it? That's something else. I'm frankly surprised that it's taken this long for them to expand their product base with a turbo kit. However, I'd be a bit scared to see it offered with an OTS map.

TK-421

I'm not surprised, there are other companies like eldelbrock for instance that offer complete supercharger kits with engine management, turbonetics turbo kits come with PnP piggyback engine management, GReddy Turbo Kits also come with a EManage Box as well. It's not that surprising to be honest.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm not surprised, there are other companies like eldelbrock for instance that offer complete supercharger kits with engine management, turbonetics turbo kits come with PnP piggyback engine management, GReddy Turbo Kits also come with a EManage Box as well. It's not that surprising to be honest.

Considering they won't develop an OTS E85 map, I'd still be surprised at a turbo kit with an OTS map. But hell, who knows? We shall wait and see.

TK-421

Actually they developed a E85 map for other platforms besides Subaru. You have to contact Cobb Support and they send you a E85 OTS for stage 3 Evo's and Mazdaspeed 3's. They are also working on OTS E85 maps for stage 3 mustang ecoboost and focus/fiesta st. Subaru's are just severely limited in their aftermarket tune ability because they are so eccentric with the tune from the factory and how intricate the ECU logic is. It takes a much greater deal of time for me to make a custom E85 map for a subaru when it takes me 10 mins to get a base map for a Evo or MS3 set up. Subaru's just have super picky Engine Management systems, especially when it comes to changing fuel types.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
^
very interseting.
From a tuners perspective, is there not a way to make an OTS map for ethanol but keep it on the conservative or safe side? I'd think if you can make a generic gas map, you could bundle up a specd injector with a pump, OTS map and have it be safe enough for the masses?
Oh wait, I kind of remember talking to the fellers at Cobb and them saying something about injectors not being exactly the same in scaling so this kind of prohibits OTS maps for bigger injectors which relates to going to e85. I recall them saying something about if they could find a vendor to provide injectors with stringent specs, this could happen.
This has been years ago so I may be confusing conversations, we had a lot that day. Lol

TK-421

They offer spec'd injectors now actually. I do believe they are Deastchwerks injectors, could be wrong though, but I know they offer 750, 850 and 1000cc Cobb "spec'd" fuel injectors, what entails them from being different from the standard? Not sure, I've never tuned a car that has their injectors installed yet.

And to answer your question about a conservative E85 map. The answer is no. The primary reason for doing Ethanol is power. But it's the fact that the E85 burns at such a significant rate, there really is only one way to tune for it as of now. Yes you maybe able to tune it to not be as full tilt as some, but the more conservative you make the tune, the more sluggish the car runs and responds. With a ethanol tune it's pretty much the exact opposite of a petrol tune where you want to be conservative and on the safer side. Ethanol is like that friend you have that's always blowing booger sugar, it wants to just go go go go go.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
When was there in '12. They were fuming over DW injectors, specifically the 1000cc variants. Apparently they were coming apart and dropping their bits in the engine. Cobb stated that DW was not willing to accept a problem so Cobb decided to not support DW on the injectors.
I just looked at their site and Cobb in fact does have a "specd" injector but it doesnt sate by whom. However, the links all direct you to Injector Dynamics, so I assume that's what they are. To add to that, Cobb was stocking the Injector Dynamics when I was there last.
And yeah, E85 = pointless if your not going with power. Lol

TK-421

Another update from cobb for the new 2015 Subaru Guys looks like you'll have an SF Intake with AirBox option soon and I'm very much interested in this adjustable traction control, is it for all vehicles? Or just the GTR?

Wasn't specified completely.
@<i><b><u><a href="http://igotasti.com/vBforum/member.php?u=1507" target="_blank">Spamby</a></u></b></i> let's have another friendly debate, I like it when we have those

TK-421

Debate over what ??

New cobb products, tuning ideas, new R&D stuff, really don't have anyone else to debate or even discuss these things with, I enjoy having an actual intelligent conversation with someone who understand words and phrases other than, "bro" "dude" "um" and the other multitude of lazy slang terms that most brain rotted individuals use these days.

My father was a patent attorney so I enjoy the factual discussions we have on here. Keeps me on my toes and that I thank you for.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Aint nothin to talk about brah! Either you buy the products or you dont. Do you want power or not?! Its like im talking to a kindergartener!

Thats your debate if this were nasioc! Hahaha!

Interested to hear what you "bros" have to say. Ummmmmmm i might chime in later.
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] :rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not much to really say about the latest Cobb stuff.
SRI, typical and they sure are late producing it.
Adjustable traction control is intriguing.
Mustang Eco boost may be an animal. Still would rather get the v8.

TK-421

Aint nothin to talk about brah! Either you buy the products or you dont. Do you want power or not?! Its like im talking to a kindergartener!

Thats your debate if this were nasioc! Hahaha!

Interested to hear what you "bros" have to say. Ummmmmmm i might chime in later.
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] :rofl:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423100090.667760.jpg

TK-421

Not much to really say about the latest Cobb stuff.
SRI, typical and they sure are late producing it.
Adjustable traction control is intriguing.
Mustang Eco boost may be an animal. Still would rather get the v8.

The traction control is really what has me interested. Not too sure how they are tapping into the PCM with the AccessPORT, but the beta versions should be interesting.

Dang that SF Intake with redesigned box is taking forever! Even I asked them about that months ago with no ETA, glad to see it mentioned.

I wonder if they were debating whether or not to keep the sound tube to their intake :rofl: