New from NY

mudfoot

Hello all. I've had the car for almost 2 months. Previous car was a '05 LGT wagon 5EAT. Loving this car so far. It's my first manual transmission car. I'm definitely driving it a lot better today then the day I picked it up. More confident. But still a lot more to learn and improve upon. About week after picking it up I bought a winter tire package. Motegi MR121 & Blizzaks. So far its been a great winter tire.
p1064381427-5.jpg

mudfoot

Welcome! Any other mods or mod plans?
Thanks.. Cusco Strut tower brace on the way along with Invidia Q300 Ti exhaust & Perrin shifter bushings.
I miss the sound of my Borla catback. From the sound clips I've heard on youtube, I think the Invidia system will be fine.
I'll probably do a down pipe and access port in the future.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

More pictures of the whip!

Those rims look great!! Def wanna see more!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome!

Blizzaks are amazing winter tires! I am running a set right now.

Is your strut brace for the rear end? I'm not positive about the GR chassis but the GD benefits greatly
from a rear strut brace, provided that it is installed with a brace, either V or X style. Without the brace,
the strut bar does very little good.

Here's a pic of my Cusco rear strut bar with triangle/V-brace:

attachment.php

mudfoot

Dont neglect suspension mods!

So far I quiet happy with the suspension. I can imagine there is room for improvement. I used to have Tien Flex coiloves on my old wagon.
The ride in the hatchback sort of reminds me of that. I also had the JDM rear sway on my wagon. We'll see as things progress.

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

More pictures of the whip!

Those rims look great!! Def wanna see more!

Thanks. I'll get some more up once the exhaust is on

Welcome!

Blizzaks are amazing winter tires! I am running a set right now.

Is your strut brace for the rear end? I'm not positive about the GR chassis but the GD benefits greatly
from a rear strut brace, provided that it is installed with a brace, either V or X style. Without the brace,
the strut bar does very little good.

Here's a pic of my Cusco rear strut bar with triangle/V-brace:

attachment.php

I bought the strut tower brace for the front. I had one on my wagon. I did notice a slight difference. Hopefully i notice a little tighter feeling up front.

Thanks

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and glad you can join. Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own!

Drumking30

Those rims look good. I have the same color except mine is a sedan. Now you just need to put HID in Your high, low, and fog lights.

mudfoot

Those rims look good. I have the same color except mine is a sedan. Now you just need to put HID in Your high, low, and fog lights.

I think the rims were a great choice for my winter tires... Wouldn't look bad as a summer setup either. I'm not happy how far out I can see with headlights on this car. Even though the STI has the adjustment for the HID's, it still sucks. I've thought about HID's for the fogs. Never really considered it for the High beams...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Have you guys adjusted your low beams? I don't mean with the control switch in the cabin, but the knob on the back of the headlight housings themselves.
One of the best (and free) mods I've ever done. I can still remember how terrifying some situations were when I couldn't see far enough.

Drumking30

Very well worth it for HID's on all of them. I did them all on my 2007 STi and my 2012 legacy and it made a world of difference, especially in the backwoods where I live with no street lights and deer EVERYWHERE. I just got a 2014 STi in January but I've already got the high beams installed. They're 55W 6000k. Factory HID's are only 4000k and at 35W just in the low beams. I'll change those and the fog lights to 55W 6000k as well.