New guy from OKC!

prestonztt

Hey, whats going on guys? Saw a few of my friends post up about this site so I figured I would join. Seems like a pretty well put together community. Hopefully this place isn't as brain melting as Nastysock :lol:

Have a '06 WRX with a few mods :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the community. Glad you could join us!

We will never be like Nastysock! :rofl:

Nice REX. What mods have you done?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

We need more info on mods! I dont recognize that IM, or turbo. Then it looks like a full suspension setup as well?

Details!

prestonztt

:welcome: to the community. Glad you could join us!

We will never be like Nastysock! :rofl:

Nice REX. What mods have you done?

Thanks for having me!

Welcome!

We need more info on mods! I dont recognize that IM, or turbo. Then it looks like a full suspension setup as well?

Details!

This motor only has about 500 miles on it. My motor before this was just a 2.5 with drop-in pistons, stock rods, stock crank, stock heads, stock cams, the rotated kit and it made 500AWHP at 27psi on AWDTuning's Dyno. Aiming for 600+AWHP on this setup!

Details on car:

Engine:
Wiseco Pistons (9.5:1)
Manley H-Tuff Rods (New rod that just came out 3 months ago)
Crower 272 Cams
Stock Crank
ACL Rod and Main Bearings
ARP Head Studs
'07 N/A Impreza Intake Manifold
Custom Rotated Kit
Precision 6262 turbo
Tial 44mm WG
1400cc Inj
Dual In-Tank Fuel Pumps
E85

Transmission:
PPG 5spd DogBox
ClutchMasters FX500 Clutch
1-Piece Driveshaft

Suspension:
ISC Coilovers
Rear Camber Bolts

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You should start up a member's journal so I dont hijack your intro with technical questions.

But since you haven't yet...why the NA IM?

prestonztt

You should start up a member's journal so I dont hijack your intro with technical questions.

But since you haven't yet...why the NA IM?

Good idea!

There was a flow test done on all the factory intake manifolds and aftermarket ones and the N/A manifold flowed more out of the box then any of them.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome welcome! More pics more pics! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Good idea!

There was a flow test done on all the factory intake manifolds and aftermarket ones and the N/A manifold flowed more out of the box then any of them.

Yes... Just look at the runners and how they are routed. That has allot to do with it as well as it not having any TGVs :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
so....how about with tgv deletes? It just stuns me they'd put a worse-flowing IM on their faster car.

prestonztt

so....how about with tgv deletes? It just stuns me they'd put a worse-flowing IM on their faster car.

The intake manifold is a 1 piece design, so there aren't any TGV housings. The intake runners are huge plus the plenum is a lot bigger. Who knows why Subaru does the things they do. I mean, they do like to put porcelain pistons in motors and make glassbox trannys.

You a member of OKSC?
I am. My username is: banshee04. Are you?

StreetMasters

Inactive Vendor
Welcome! Glad to see someone going higher compression on their set up and using oem options that work. Never knew about the N/A IM - post up numbers when you get it on the dyno again :)