New guy with a 04 WRX but...

Hello All!

My name is Tony and I live in Bridgeport WV. Bought my 04 WRX with around 50k on it in August of 08. Had stage 2 mods and a cobb ap1. Went with a vf48 and supporting mods then was looking for a STi 6 speed. Instead of spending a couple grand for the swap I bought a wrecked 05 STi with a ton of mods. It only had 17k miles and over 20 grand in mods (mainly suspension). Had to drive to TN to get it but it was well worth it. Swapped everything over in 12 days at my friends garage (Performance Automotive). Then I installed 850DW sidefeeds and went and got a protune by Nate at TPG Tuning in PA. Best dyno run was 351wtq & 313whp @ 22psi! This is a mustang dyno so it reads low about 15% is what they have figured it out to be. So after that correction factor: 404wtq & 360whp. I was going to run E85 but the exxon by my house pulled the e85 pump a few weeks before the tune. It was the only pump in the state. I'm hoping WV gets E85 sometime soon but if not ill just do meth injection! Enough talk on to the mod list and pics:

Engine & Drivetrain
• 05 STi EJ257
• 05 STi 6 speed Trans
• VF39
• DW 850cc Side Feed Injectors
• Subaru High performance timing belt
• AutoSpeed Catless Downpipe
• Custom Catless 3” Stainless CBE with Magnaflow muffler
• Grimmspeed Catless Uppipe
• Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
• STi TMIC
• Samco Silicone intercooler hoses
• Kartboy Short shifter bushings and mounts
• Perrin v2 Turbo Inlet
• Opensource Protuned by Nate at TPG Tuning
• Grimmspeed AOS
• Mishimoto carbon fiber catch can
• Grimmspeed EBCS
• SPT Intake w/heat shield
• SPT turbo heat shield
• KICS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug Bolt
• Perrin High capacity rear dif housing

Suspension, Wheels/Tires & Brakes
• 05 STi Brembos
• Goodridge Stainless steel braided brake lines
• 18x9 +30 Rota Gforces Gunmetal with 235/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo (Summer)
• 05 STi Silver BBS Wheels with Hoosier R6 225/45/17 (Track)
• 05 STi Black BBS Wheels with Kumho Escta 4x 225/45/17 (Winter)
• 05 STi OEM KYB Struts with H&R Springs (Winter)
• Moton Coil-over “Club Sport” shocks w/remote nitrogen reservoirs
• Hypercoil Springs 450f, 375r w/helpers
• Cusco Trailing arms and bushings
• Cusco Lateral links and bushings
• Cusco Rear sway bar, adjustable 22mm
• Cusco Front sway bar, 22mm
• Perrin end links, front and rear
• Racecomp Hardened camber plates, front and rear
• Cusco Hardened rear strut tower caps
• Whiteline Front roll center adjuster kit, tie rod ends & ball joints
• Whiteline Steering rack bushings
• LCA bushings

Chassis
• Cusco Titanium front strut tower brace
• Cusco Carbon fiber rear strut tower brace
• Cusco Front lower arm bar type - II brace
• Cusco Engine mounts
• Cusco Transmission mount
• Cusco Center power braces
• Cusco Rear “T” power braces
• Cusco Rear sub-frame brace
• Cusco Master Cylinder brace
• Group N Transmission mount bushings
• Group N Differential rear support member
• Group N Hardened pitch stop mount
• GTspec Front fender stiffening braces
• GTspec Front tie bar brace
• Kartboy Differential outrigger bushings comfort

Exterior
• Tinted Tails
• Cleared/Painted Headlights
• STi splitters
• STi scoop
• 35% tint on the windows, 20% on the back and 5% strip across the front
• Debadged the front grille
• UR Rally Armor Mud Flaps
• OEM Rear diffuser (06 STI)
• Prosport Carbon Fiber hood struts
• Wingless OEM trunk

Interior
• 05 STi Dash & Center Console
• 05 STi Gauge Cluster
• Scoobymods Dead Pedal
• Ati Clock Pod

Electronics
• 05 STi ECU
• Defi Gauges: boost, oil pressure, exhaust temp w/ data recovery system
• Titan Wideband
• 7" Panasonic In Dash DVD player
• Boston Acoustic Componets
• 12” Rockford HE2
• Audio Integrations Custom Box
• Custom Amp Rack
• 1000x4 Amp
• Beltronics Vector 955 Radar Detector with Blend Mount

IMG_20130713_203229_460_zpsc9896073.jpg

The donor car: (Before)

(After)

I have big plans for the future: Rotated setup, Built block, V mount and hoping for 500-600 whp on that mustang dyno.

My Build thread: http://wvsubarus.forumotion.com/t77-gixxer-s-04-psm-wrx-sti#572

If listing the names of the shops or linking my build thread to another forum is against the rules let me know and I'll fix it. I'll post my build thread from the begging one day on here.

Robb

Welcome Tony! Very cool that would be so fun to swap the parts over and see your WRX get transformed day by day! Those Cusco braces are some serious eye candy when its up in the air like that I love it. What was the biggest obstacle when doing the swap or was it all pretty straight forward?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome.
Very nice build. Feel free to check out the members journal section and feel free to start your own.

Enjoy !

Welcome Tony! Very cool that would be so fun to swap the parts over and see your WRX get transformed day by day! Those Cusco braces are some serious eye candy when its up in the air like that I love it. What was the biggest obstacle when doing the swap or was it all pretty straight forward?

Thanks! Everything was pretty straight forward. Wiring took 2 days so I would say that was the hardest part. But got it all wired up right and started on the first try. Only keep my shell (body), seats, carpet, some plastics, headliner, gas tank and some other small things but the rest was all swapped over. I have pics of each day of the swap in my build thread on another site but I'll get it copied over to here soon.

Welcome.
Very nice build. Feel free to check out the members journal section and feel free to start your own.

Enjoy !

Thanks! Will do for sure and I'll copy my build thread sometime soon!

I'm pretty sure I need new pants after seeing underneath of your car lol. VERY AWESOME!!

LMAO! Thanks man!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit. Welcome to IGOTASTI!

That suspension list!!!! That suspension pic!!!!!! Wow!

So how does it handle?! :lol:

Very nice. Cant wait to see the entire build process!!! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy build Batman!

Welcome.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
1st of all, Welcome to the IGOTASTI family. 2nd, Holy Mod list dude! I love that you modded things in every category: Exterior, Interior, Engine, Suspension, and Audio! That, my friends, is how a proper build is done. A member's journal is definitely a must, along with some pictures of the build along the way if you have them. It's sad to see any STI like that donor car of yours, but a great pick up on your part to use it! Do you know what happened to that STI? It looks like the Hulk punched the rear deck lid and caused it to run into a pole......

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and thank you for joining.:D No problem mentioning your shops of choice or linking to your build thread. I do encourage you to make a journal here though! Helps to give both you and us some visibility. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow, im super jealous of your suspension now. Motons, yum.

How much did you get the donor car for, and how'd you find it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

After the Hulk was done with it, he was generous enough to sell it! :lol:

Holy shit. Welcome to IGOTASTI!

That suspension list!!!! That suspension pic!!!!!! Wow!

So how does it handle?! :lol:

Very nice. Cant wait to see the entire build process!!! :tup:

Thanks! Handles very well and I'm still messing with the settings on the motons. I know where I like them for DD but I still need to dial them in for Auto-X.

1st of all, Welcome to the IGOTASTI family. 2nd, Holy Mod list dude! I love that you modded things in every category: Exterior, Interior, Engine, Suspension, and Audio! That, my friends, is how a proper build is done. A member's journal is definitely a must, along with some pictures of the build along the way if you have them. It's sad to see any STI like that donor car of yours, but a great pick up on your part to use it! Do you know what happened to that STI? It looks like the Hulk punched the rear deck lid and caused it to run into a pole......

I wish the donor car could of been fixed b/c it was so clean! Both rear quarters separated from the body and major damage back there. Perfect swap car though! He was driving in some twistys and rear wheels caught some gravel, tires spun then caught traction which caused him to go off the road. It started to flip and then hit a tree in between the wing and back glass. The wing was undamaged but flew off the trunk! Also the cusco rear carbon fiber strut bar was undamaged! I think I might just start saying the hulk smashed it though!

Welcome and thank you for joining.:D No problem mentioning your shops of choice or linking to your build thread. I do encourage you to make a journal here though! Helps to give both you and us some visibility. :tup:

Thanks! Going to work on my journal here in a few. Hopefully there isn't a low number of pics per a post aloud lol. I will post the link when I finish here!

Thanks and lets just say good enough deal to where I parted out my wrx parts and made all my money back and a little extra.

After the Hulk was done with it, he was generous enough to sell it! :lol:

He wanted to fix it but his insurance company would not pay how much the body shop wanted. I don't think it would of ever drove right again.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
God damn that rear end got annihilated!

Cusco?? CARBON FIBER STRUT BAR?!?!?!? I don't think I've ever seen any carbon fiber strut bars in my life. You must show ASAP@@@@@@!!!!!!

OMG the journal is going to be sick. When you get to the damaged donor car part, you should photoshop the Hulk in the image! :rofl:

Actually I don't have a picture of it for some reason! When I have my motons on the reservoirs mount to a bracket back there too and it looks pretty cool. Unfortunately the motons are off for winter. Runnning stock kybs with rce blacks. I will get you a pic of the bar though. But for now its this one:
Cusco_rear.JPG

Journal is up (only took an hour to copy it over lol): http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthr...-Thread-from-the-beginning!&p=86252#post86252

Someone should photoshop that! I don't have those skills but that would be epic!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm following along very closely! :tup:

That CF bar is nasty. Too bad it isn't visible :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you lock someone in your trunk they will see it lol

That is true, however, a bad idea! The Hulk is lurking around the corner ready to smash! :lol: