new mwmber

SMASH

Hey everyone, I'm Bob. I have been driving high performance since I was 17. I was a soldier in West Germany from the mid 70's to the early 90's. During that time my hobby was fast cars and the un deniable rush of the Autobahn and "no road restrictions". I blew my fair share of motors and spent long nights tearing them down and repairing what I could. The fastest car I ever owned was a 1978 BMW 633 CSi Alpine edition. I did a no shit 170mph all day long. I've owned Mercedes, Alpha Romeo, Triumph GT6MkIII, ... I have a race tuned 1977 Fiat Spider 124 CS in the garage, my 06 STI, and a few Harleys.

I can honestly say the STI is the quickest, most agile car I have ever driven.

I had two Subarus until recently. My 05 WRX became the one car too many and I reluctantly let it go for $10 k to support the upgrades to my STI. I am going to work from the ground up, starting with brake upgrade , then intake and downpipe, a tuner port, and a nice 4 point harness. not sure how to proceed with wheels and tires. I put fat tires on my wrx and spent a lot of effort to keep them from rubbing.

I have a great shop that takes care of me in Tacoma - Pacific Import Auto...all the do is Subaru, and the win awards doing it.

Anybody going to the 14th annual Wet Coast Subaru SHow in Port Townsend WA this weekend? I am # 41 stop by and shoot the breeze.
http://www.westcoastsubarushow.com/category/wcss-14/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team Bob. You'll love it here. Great group of people. :tup:

I bet you wish you still had the 1978 BMW 633 CSi Alpine edition. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome to our community! Thank you for becoming a sponsor so soon. It is very much appreciated and every little bit helps! Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask any questions you may have.:tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've owned ....Alpha Romeo

Nice, you're a true "petrol head" so i'll let the spelling slide. (Alfa Romeo)

a nice 4 point harness

For safety, may I recommend at least a 5 point! (But I wouldnt recommend a harness at all for the street.)

Anyways, welcome! I'm quite jealous of your former garage! Start up a journal/garage and let us know more about your plans and keep track of the progress

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in! Glad to have you with us. Always awesome having another tech head throwing down in here :p How did you find out about us?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the wonderful community of IGOTASTI! Man you have had some sick rides! Post all of the pictures that you have of your past rides and current rides! We really do love pictures! :tup: