New, Orlando

microsnook

Hey, I was referred to this forum by Scott over at Punisher Performance here in Orlando.
Went to his shop today to get a pro tune and found out that my car already had a solid map and that a tune was unnecessary. They were awesome about telling me this and not wanting to charge me for work that has already been done.
Very stand up people!

Anyways,
My name is Tyler and I have an 06 SGM STi, first one ever. Love the car!

Hope to learn some new things from this forum!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hi and welcome. Glad you could join us. Scott is a great guy. Got pics?

Paul.c

Howdy. Pics are a must here. But we will still be glad to have you without them. Just know that we are going to badger you until we see some pics.

microsnook

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

Here are some pictures :)
Mods:
Invidia CBE catless
Invidia DP catless
FMIC Perrin
Intake (unsure)

Dressup:
half tinted tails
5% tint all around
50% tint windshield
radar hardwire and home made mount :D
painted grille (no pics yet)
debadged

160982r.jpg

357je4j.jpg

ixr37o.jpg

205yxrl.jpg

2cqcfhd.jpg

icr575.jpg

One small annoyance, holes in the front bumper from the previous owner :? and the nice FMIC
5pfy9.jpg

Im looking forward to getting some help put a small build together. Basically just a few more parts for some more performance.
Ill probably go post in the other section about that.

Enjoy!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I love that first picture... The lighting makes it look chrome :tup:

Welcome and have fun! Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own. :D

microsnook

Hey Tyler,

I talked to Justin last night. You're the same Tyler looking to upgrade and add a few more parts?

Welcome either way!

- Scott

Yep, I am that Tyler. He said my tune was solid. So Im gathering some parts together.
GS MBC bought
Up pipe with dump tube and EWG bought
Tial 38mm WG bought
Looking to get
DW 850cc
WB Fuel Pump 255
Headers??

Also he thought it would be a good idea to sell my CobbAP and just stick with an open source tune. Any other recommendations?
That would be the only real way to fund all of the rest of my mods...
Not sure if I should keep the AP or not.

I love that first picture... The lighting makes it look chrome :tup:

Welcome and have fun! Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own. :D

Thank you! I was thinking about starting my own journal! I need to get my pictures together and then slowly work on it.

Welcome. Holy Tint! Looks good though.

Yea, its really dark :D I love it.

microsnook

Ah, damn I could have probably beaten or at least price matched you on those pieces since we work on the car. No worries though, just trying to be helpful. :)

I can definitely make the rest of that happen no problem at all. Did you want an equal length or unequal length manifold?

It's up to you on that one, I know Justin can tune it either way. The AP can be uesful for its monitoring/flashing/CEL reading capabilities though.

I plan on getting my car tinted about the same.

I definitely appreciate it! The Uppipe with WG and all parts ran me $400 shipped and the MBC was $60, so I got away with a good deal I think.

Not sure on the headers. Haven't really researched into them enough. Of course Id love to hear your opinions though...

Were you the Scott with the custom painted 04?

And yes, Im deciding on whether or not I want to do away with the AP. I don't think I would use it that much if I had it but I could be wrong.

Nice, you won't regret it, especially in FL! Summers are brutal.

microsnook

Which uppipe/ewg did you get? That pricing isn't bad depending on what you got. I'm not trying to push a sale on you by any means at all, we just like to take care of our customers as best we can. :)
I got an Ultimate Racing Uppipe with the EWG and Dumptube and the Tial 38mm WG and he claims everything is brand new.
No I definitely understand and appreciate the help. I was going to go with a Grimmspeed up pipe but the deal was to be had for me.

I can tell you I will absolutely be going equal length myself. The consensus through everyone I know and personally experience with installations/power made/drive-ability seems to be this: EL > UEL > Stock. There's a lot involved when making a manifold, but since you already have a full invidia setup (provided you got a 2 bolt uppipe) I would say the Invidia race is the best EL for you because it will bolt in with no issues at all. An EL isn't quite as "torquey" as an UEL, but it does result in faster spool and a broader powerband in addition to more power. One of the main reasons people don't use an EL aftermarket manifold is that it changes the signature "boxer rumble".

I'm not saying UEL is in any way bad or that nice power can't be made because it definitely can, I just prefer EL myself. I highly suggest reading up on it and thinking about it a bit more, then when you think you're ready talk to Justin since he's the one tuning the car. When you are ready I can get whatever you need.

Ok, thanks for the tips. Im not even sure if I will be able to afford the headers anytime soon. But I will look into it and see if it is something that I want to go with.

That Scott is the shop owner, I'm actually in NJ at the moment waiting on house paperwork to finalize before I can be in Orlando. If the AP is something you don't think you can/would use, then no sense keeping it. I know I log my car all the time, so for me it's very useful.

I just use my car as a DD for now, and Im unsure of whether I want to be tracking/racing. But its something to consider. With that said, Idk if I care to log data, rather than just have a beefed up DD :)

I plan on tinting the car really dark all around, with the clear bluish tint on the windshield.
Nice call.
What I did was:
5% all around
50% on windshield, just regular tint
and a Fat sports strip at the top with 5% as well.

Something to consider, you might want to go with 20% on the rear window. Its Dark as fuck! I can't really see out at night. And you should still have the same darkness inside the car. But thats all personal preference ;)

In the end, it's all in the tune and I know Justin will put in the time and effort to make your car a beast. When you're ready for the injectors/pump just send an email to Sales@PunisherPerformanceandTuning.com :tup:
Definitely, Justin was a great guy, real easy to talk to and get along with. Seems to know his stuff.

You think injectors would be worth it for me if Im doing the EWG set up?
They are expensive and I'm sure I would see more gains with them, but Im just trying to justify them with my budget!
The fuel pump isn't too expensive, so that is something I can take care of. How would you rate that on a scale of importance?

--I appreciate all the help and answering my noob questions!
Ive been reading and researching a lot. Just want everyones opinions! So I can make a nice, small build :D

microsnook

Awesome!

Alright its settled then. As soon as I get the funds, Injectors and Fuel pump. Then Im going to keep it there and have everything installed/tuned.

I need to search to see price of TGV.

Headers later!

microsnook

Do you guys do TGV or what? I see the GS service is $200, but I have to send it in, leaving me w/o a car, which I cannot do.
And buying a new one, is ~$500? Too expensive lol

microsnook

Glad to have you in, man! Look forward to seeing you at the shop, too!
Thanks man! Ill try and let people know when Im going over there so more people can join in ;D

Talk to Scott about it, I'm not sure what the plan is for them. I know we plan on selling them, since they are in perfect condition. It'll definitely be cheaper than a new set.

Sounds good then! Ill see what he says next time I talk with him