New to forum - introducing myself

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Haha...Small world.
Spent some time at WRC then?;)

Yeah... that's a long story. Read my thread, and you'll see why I learnt to tune myself, from the ground up. In some ways I have Hylton to thank, but not necessarily the right ways ;)

I have tried to work out who you are but I can't be sure. Your car does not look familiar and your user name is not one we see on the local forums.
Anyhow - my name is Wayne, pleased to meet a fellow Jozi Scoobster here.

Name's Oz on the SOCSA forum - haven't been on in ages (I'm the one who was giving Hylton grief about injector duty cycle :lol:).

I'm much more active on the Romraider forums recently, been very busy doing disassembly work and digging out new logic in the stock roms.

Name's Oren - good to see another Joburger on here as well!

Car's currently under the knife again - was running about 320wkw prior, got bored with that... upgrading large this time (well, larger than a Dom3xtr :lol: ) - doing a 2.7l stroker with a twinscroll gtx35r for shits and giggles.

Cat in Hat

Ah yes Oren, I now know who you are although I don't think we have ever met.
I'm sure that when your monster build is tearing-up the tarmack we are bound to meet at some event...a breakfast run or something. I look forward to that
In the meantime I will read through your thread and hopefully pick up as much tuning knowledge as you have here. From what I have seen at SOCSA you certainly seem to know your stuff.:tup:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Is Hylton still up and running? Haven't heard of WRC tuning lately (then again, all I've done is work this year :( )

Cat in Hat

Funny you should ask!
Hylton announced about 3 days ago that he is closing up shop...and Tim announced yesterday that he wants to sell TRB.

Cat in Hat

It sounds like Hylton has had a bad run of bad debt - people not paying him in time. Also his health has been affected by the fumes in that under-ventilated dyno room.
WRT Tim - Im not sure, I chatted to him today about it and he simply said that he has had enough of this industry. "driving me crazy" he said.:?

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Gave Tim a call as well, I think he's pretty gatvol.

Interesting shake up in the industry... I guess that leaves Nxgen, Jan Steyn, and a handful of other guys still in the game....

Td_d

Commander In Chief
By the way - feel free to ask for tuning advice on here - nice bunch, and good collective knowledge base, minus all the bullshit. Also,feel free to ask for any rom definition work on the '06 (I assume you are opensource?) - I've dug a ton of stuff up over the last 6 to 8 months, have the romraider definitions 100% equivalent to the COBB definitions.

Cat in Hat

Gave Tim a call as well, I think he's pretty gatvol.

Interesting shake up in the industry... I guess that leaves Nxgen, Jan Steyn, and a handful of other guys still in the game....
As fate would have it I have now become one of the "handful" you speak of. At the beginning of this year I closed down my furniture factory and was forced to find an alternative source of income. I had done all my own spanner work for many years and having achieved some success with the car in terms of race results and reliability, i started getting customers coming to me for brakes and suspension mods and setup (my area of expertise). This has turned into regular services and full blown engine re-builds.
Which reminds me - do you still have your OEM calipers? I have a potential buyer.

Cat in Hat

By the way - feel free to ask for tuning advice on here - nice bunch, and good collective knowledge base, minus all the bullshit. Also,feel free to ask for any rom definition work on the '06 (I assume you are opensource?) - I've dug a ton of stuff up over the last 6 to 8 months, have the romraider definitions 100% equivalent to the COBB definitions.
I am busy reading through your tuning journey thread and learning a lot, in time I may have to offer some basic tuning to customers and for this opensource will be the way to go. I have an Autronic ECU in my car and obviously the same tuning rules apply but with a far simpler interface.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
As fate would have it I have now become one of the "handful" you speak of. At the beginning of this year I closed down my furniture factory and was forced to find an alternative source of income. I had done all my own spanner work for many years and having achieved some success with the car in terms of race results and reliability, i started getting customers coming to me for brakes and suspension mods and setup (my area of expertise). This has turned into regular services and full blown engine re-builds.
Which reminds me - do you still have your OEM calipers? I have a potential buyer.

Long sold, I've been rocking 6 pots for a while. Ridiculously large :lol: