New user, 2012 STi on order

STeve12

Hello all, the name's Steve. Ordered my 2012 SWP STi limited on 9MAR. Found out on 12APR that it's been completely built and in the process of being shipped to the states. Currently stationed overseas, and let me tell you, this waiting for my car sucks. Look forward to learning alot from this forum.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thats awesome! Well, not the waiting part.

Welcome to the forum.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team!

Rodericm

Hey! Welcome! Just ordered mine as well. I'm glad to hear the turnaround is so quick. My dealer thought mine might not get here until late summer. That would suck!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy!

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own!

UndrWrldAssasin

Hello and welcome. you defiantly came to the right forum to learn about your car. These guys have helped me learn so much about mine. Just to think in December I was as cherry as a civi going through basic training. don't hesitate to ask to learn...

Blue Tech

Hey guys, just like Steve, I just ordered my 2012 STI sedan. Late July or early August is my expected delivery. I'm up in Canada but I'm happy to represent.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Haha it sure has so far. I'm just hoping that the 2013 isn't that much better and I wish I would have held off. Luckily
there is tons of upgrades for the 2012.

If the GD chassis taught me anything, its that one year is never universally better than another. There's always seems to be a trade-off that they make to keep all the cars equally desirable. Im not sure if it's on purpose, but it works out well for them!

Blue Tech

If the GD chassis taught me anything, its that one year is never universally better than another. There's always seems to be a trade-off that they make to keep all the cars equally desirable. Im not sure if it's on purpose, but it works out well for them!

I agree that the older models had more of a following for lots of reasons but at 6'4, the new interior doesn't make me feel so huge haha

armygeye

I have seen a lot come out of the vf52, so you should have alot of fun. But I have heard not so good things about the suspension setup, I think it is the weight. When you get it I am curious to know if that is a fact or not.