"Nuffy's" WRB 2008 STi

11bnuffy

Im currently upgrading my 08 STi. Current mods are as follows:
- 3" Harmonmotive turbo back exhaust with a cat-less downpipe with a magnaflow muffler.
- Cobb SF Intake combo kit
- Grimmspeed Air/Oil Separator
- DW 65 fuel pump
- Perrin turbo inlet
- Cobb Accessport
-Kartboy Short shifter kit w/bushings

Exterior:
-Plasti dipped hood scoop (temporary)
-Home depot lip (temporary)
-Painted Tail lights
* I was really really bored one day LOL dont hate too much :tard:

Its running great but its time to upgrade and get a protune. I just ordered a Blouch 18g-xt turbo, DW 1000cc injectors and a Grimmmspeed EBCS. Ill be installing this and getting a E-85 and 91 octane map for it. Ill be running E-85 as my primrary and the 91 will be for back up. Havent found too many STi's with this turbo and excited to try it out. I read many good things about it. My budget is a little tight and dont plan to get too crazy with power with the stock internals. After this ill be hitting the suspension pretty hard. Ill be coming back here and keep updating this thread for those who are interested in dyno numbers and videos. Here are some of my vids of my progress on my car :D

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
how did you decide on the 18g? I hear of people going for the 20g-xtr, but I didnt think the 18g was too much of an upgrade from stock.

You need pictures!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The 18G can actually be quite an decent upgrade from stock :tup:... It is a great turbo for autoX because it's not very laggy at all and it gives quite a bit more top end over stock. Maybe not as much as the 08+ but it is still a good improvement for daily use and moderate power goals. This is a very prudent turbo for stock internals.

Good luck with it man!

11bnuffy

I pretty much decided on the 18G-XT because of my budget. This is what pretty much sold me:

Horsepower: 430HP
The Blouch 18G-XT is a proven performer utilizing the latest in billet
compressor aerodynamics combined with genuine Mitsubishi journal bearing
technology.

Here's the skinny: 1. Custom Blouch Turbo compressor housing with improved
fitment and custom CNC machined at Blouch Turbo for the new 18G-XT aero;
2.closed die forged fully machined billet 18G-XT compressor wheel that is
lighter yet stronger with greater flow rate; 3. genuine Mitsubishi center
housing with all genuine Mitsubishi parts; 4. Mitsubishi TD05H turbine wheel; 5.
options of 7cm2, 8cm2 or 10cm2 turbine housings tailored to your application; 6.
option of 3" bell mouth inlet compressor housing; 7. upgrade actuator option and
8. complete drain tube/coolant line package with gaskets for a complete bolt-on
package.

So what's the big deal? The 18G-XT spools very quickly, produces great
mid-range torque and excellent top end power for its size. If 430 crank
horsepower is your goal, this turbo is for
you!
I dont plan on going past 400+ HP of course but I like the head room I will have if I ever plan on doing bigger upgrades. I forgot to mention I ordered the 18G-XT with a 10cm turbine housing to help with the top end. I think this turbo is fairly new since they started making the 18G-XT instead of the 18G. I have a good feeling ill be happy with this. And as it was mentioned I will be using this as my daily, autox and drags which is perfect for my car's "lifestyle".

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Show us your car and mods. Id be interested to see your home-depot splitter, your hood scoop, etc... Plus some good action or scenery shots. Whatever you've got, we'll ogle them.

11bnuffy

Show us your car and mods. Id be interested to see your home-depot splitter, your hood scoop, etc... Plus some good action or scenery shots. Whatever you've got, we'll ogle them.

I posted 2 videos with pictures and some runs. Check them out. I'll post more pics this weekend on my lip and plasti dipped projects. You can see the scoop and lip on the videos.

11bnuffy

Here is a pic of my home depot lip and painted hood scoop. I also painted the silver parts surrounding the fog lights, silver part of the grille, and my side bumper vents. More pictures to be posted soon.

View attachment 2674

11bnuffy

Just an update, heat wrapped my downpipe (by lawnmower), repainting my tail lights and 3rd brake light, removed wing and preparing it for the perrin wing lift kit. See picture below :) Removed old spark plugs, bought NGK 1 step colder plugs (being delivered). Also I just finished installing my 1000cc injectors with no leaks on the first time. So good so far. Last thing I need is the turbo. Should be here sometime this week.

rearendr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
paintingh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
wingkit1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]