One-piece up-pipe/header install: gauging difficulty.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I have a one-piece header/up-pipe that I've been meaning to install. In preparation, I've been reading more about the install and watching a couple of videos. I'm getting slightly concerned. Right now, all I have is the scissor jack and a pair of jack-stands (can borrow a real jack too if necessary). Is this doable in my driveway, or will the one-piece nature make it pretty much impossible without a lift?

Side-note: I hear tales of people disconnecting an engine mount, then jacking the engine for more clearance, but I've seen precious little on exactly what mount they're disconnecting. Would performing this trick give me enough room to slide the header straight in? If so, how do i do it?

Thanks in advance guys.

Vermont

Honstly this kind of a job is not do-able with just a small scissor jack. You are goung to need a full size and jack stands. Other wise so long as you have a lot of pb blaster and a full set of tools you should be fine. Or you could come over to my place and do it in my nice level garage with a full set of tools and an impact... :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The motor mount is insanely easy to get to and loosen... It is basically one nut.