OT: Count To A Million Game!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
5352 - The movie "The Scorpion King 4" is the sequel to the sequel to the prequel to the prequel to the sequel to the remake of The Mummy

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
5354 - Strangely enough, I apparently got "promoted" in March, without either myself or my boss knowing. One of my coworkers saw that my title changed in the personnel records system and congratulated me. I was like, "What? Ummm...OK. Well, thanks!"

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5356 - I guess how this happened has a lot to do with the salary I negotiated when I took this job. They started me out at "Technician 1" but I negotiated a salary in the mid to upper Technician 2 range. After two raises in the past 2-1/2 years, I hit a salary ceiling (130% of the salary for Technician 1). At that point, they could no longer give me a raise at Tech 1, only bonuses. So this spring, someone at HR said "his salary is in the low Technician 3 range, but his title is Technician 1." So they "reclassified" me as Technician 3. :lol:

At least that removes the Tech 1 salary ceiling and allows me to get raises again, until I hit the Tech 3 ceiling, of course. The last two raises I've got, have been in 9/2013 and 9/2014. So I'm hoping to see something in 9/2015.

5357 heck yea. My company does annual review and raises in March. I've had at least one raise a year for the last 8 years I've been with the company. Still don't make as much as I would like since I took $3/hr cut when I quit traveling for the company

5359 - yea. I still make more than most in my position at other stores but it still kinda sucks. I was making almost $17/hr plus per diem when I was on the road. Now I make just shy of $14/hr and no per diem

5361 yea the travel was just too hard on my kids. I serious miss the pay checks and schedule (8 on 6 off) but it wasn't worth what it was doing to them

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5362 - I don't have any kids (that I know of :lol:), but after spending 5 of my 8 years in the Navy on sea duty, I can definitely relate to travel and being away from home.

In 2007, I was out to sea for more than 10 months.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
5364 you know it, lol.