OT: Count To A Million Game!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6660 You guys must not like your jobs or something. Everyday is a holiday/vacation/weekend for me! :tard: :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
6661 - No, I like my job okay. I just haven't slept well all week and am in serious need of staying up into the wee hours of the night until I'm completely exhausted. Only then do I believe that I'll be able to get enough hours of uninterrupted sleep to reset whatever has been bothering me lately.

Feeling like this has been unbelievably demotivating. I'd have had the plugs in the Batmobile re-gapped days ago if I was able to drag myself off the couch after work.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

just do it.
-Nike

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6663 - You have got to be fucking shitting me. As if I don't already have a full plate of shit to deal with, the goddamn door handle on the Focus (my daily) just fucking broke off on the inside. So now I have to reach across from the passenger side to open the driver's door.

Fuck
My
Life

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6664 - Shit like this is why I shouldn't bother buying lottery tickets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Door handle at the junk yard or Powerball?

:rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6667 Why do you hate your job?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
6668 im a service advisor. Do i really need to go into more detail than that? Lol

Seriously tho its more of i hate the people i work with and how the shop is run and organized. My boss is a hypocrite and so r most of everyone else. I do more work that the other advisors (aka i write the most RO's) but still make less cuz im writing all the BS free oil changes that i cant upsell anything on cuz they are brand new cars most of the time... I could keep going but ill spare you

And thats all i have to say about that...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6669 Ah, the joys of working at a dealer!!! It's exactly as you described it.... at EVERY dealership! :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
6670 yea i know this is the third dealership ive worked at but only second in this position. im starting to think about a career change but i have no idea where to go or in what direction you know

1bcff57c4440a3ddddcd585f4ee9228b.jpg

Had a great hike but pulled my stupid hip flexor muscle and have a new found respect for this little muscle group that is in charge of picking your leg up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

6672 One reason I love this forum is that there's real tech talk and individuals that actually work on their cars rather then the typical hella horn, rally armor mud flap, fog light install etc tech talk you see on other forums and face book groups.

Keep up the good work guys.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
6673 We did those mods as well, but it's been a long time since! :lol: I'm just glad that we don't have to read shit like "I took my car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they put in 15W-50 oil!!!"

:rofl:

6674 does anybody have any suggestions on what to use to repaint or cover interior trim pieces?

I'm considering textured paints, plasti dipping and even wrapping but am leaning towards a paint or plastidip and suggestions would be appreciated. Also color suggestions since I'm open minded the car is an 05 silver sti and I'd be redoing all the interior trim pieces.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6675 - Krylon Fusion for plastics tends to do a pretty decent job. I generally fine sand and clean the surface and apply a couple coats of adhesion promoter before painting. A matte or satin clear coat is also recommended, as a lack of clear coat allows the paint to deteriorate faster, especially in direct sunlight.

6675 - Krylon Fusion for plastics tends to do a pretty decent job. I generally fine sand and clean the surface and apply a couple coats of adhesion promoter before painting. A matte or satin clear coat is also recommended, as a lack of clear coat allows the paint to deteriorate faster, especially in direct sunlight.

6676 - Cool thats good to know.

What's your guys opinion on plastidip interior pieces I'm thinking it might cover up small imperfections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
6677 - I've never plasti-dipped anything, so someone else will need to chime in.

6677 - I've never plasti-dipped anything, so someone else will need to chime in.
6678 I'm figuring if it's durable enough to go on rims it will take the every day wear and tear for i terror pieces since the guy that previously owned my sti painted the shifter trim and center console and it has wear and tear from me shifting and turning knobs lol.