Out of my element.

Figured I would post up my ride.

BTW, I'm not some random Evo owner on here trying to start shit. I rolled with the creators of this site on that other STI forum before I got perma banned lol. (chargedvette02) :tard:

Car: 06 Mitsubishi Evolution IX MR in GG
Numbers are 339 WHP 389 WTQ on 91 octane.
Numbers were put down on a Mustang Dyno at 25.5 PSI.

Mods are:
Boost Controller
TBE
Walbro fuel pump
CAI
Tobz Tune :tup: He's the fuckin man when it comes to Mitsubishi's.

A few pics.

2010-05-10165108.jpg

2010-05-10165123.jpg

2010-05-10175231.jpg

2010-05-10165134.jpg

Recaros, get some STI guys, you will be much happier!:tup:
Gauges2.jpg

My early 90's econo interior, moved my gauges to where I could actually see them.
2010-05-21174834.jpg

Next to my buddies new right off the truck WRX.

And for good measure a few of my 05 STI which is by far the best car I have ever owned. ( not counting the Evo into that equation because I have not owned it long enough).

STi2.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Parked next to "large truck is large" on Fort Carson. I was told the guy who drives it is like 5 foot 1 lol.

Anyway. Evo ftw!:D

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
EVO good thing for you that I own IGOTAEVO.com!!!!!! That's gonna be next!

Bluedemon_II

I have been thinking about getting an evo after I'm done with the sti. But I'm just so curios to work with a big v8 that I'm undecided. And here you are, had the vette and the sti and now the evo... Dam lol.

I have been thinking about getting an evo after I'm done with the sti. But I'm just so curios to work with a big v8 that I'm undecided. And here you are, had the vette and the sti and now the evo... Dam lol.

Also had a Mustang and 240SX lol. Honestly, I prefer the STI/EVO because they're easier to put power down on the street or strip IMO and can be run year round. I do miss the whine of the supercharger and the wow factor the Corvette had, I don't miss how unreliable it was.

gerwulf

Nah, get a 1st gen DSM, they are lighter, a lot lighter and still a 4G63. lol, I have a friend who got rid of his 05 STI, then got a Evo, and he regrets letting the STI go everyday. Me, I wish everyday that my STI was up and running lol Now I am daily driving a 1st gen DSM and it will be a nice car someday.

Nice Evo by the way. I have several friends with Evos.

Nah, get a 1st gen DSM, they are lighter, a lot lighter and still a 4G63. lol, I have a friend who got rid of his 05 STI, then got a Evo, and he regrets letting the STI go everyday. Me, I wish everyday that my STI was up and running lol Now I am daily driving a 1st gen DSM and it will be a nice car someday.

Nice Evo by the way. I have several friends with Evos.

Only thing DSM's are good for is breaking every other week. ;)

I miss nothing about my STI except the exhaust note. The Evo handles better, takes to mods better and has nicer seats. The STi has the sexy exhaust but stock for stock lags a tad behind performance wise and we all know what happens when you mod a 4G63. =)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I had a EVO! My damm trans kept popping, lol. OH well! At least I got both forum names lol. IGOTASTi, IGOTAEVO, LMAO.

I had a EVO! My damm trans kept popping, lol. OH well! At least I got both forum names lol. IGOTASTi, IGOTAEVO, LMAO.

The problem with your trans was located between the Recaro and momo.:D

I drive the crap out of mine with 36k miles, stock clutch, stock trans and I have the "weaker" 6 speed. Not saying the trans is bullet proof like the STI's but it's better than most make it out to be.

BadlandsRacer

Damn that Evo is sexy. I was about THIS || close to buying one, but bought my 07 STI instead and have been hooked on Subaru since. I'd like an Evo someday, but I'd also like another Corvette someday, so... :( Nice torque number for that Evo, too.

You got permabanned from IW?

Damn that Evo is sexy. I was about THIS || close to buying one, but bought my 07 STI instead and have been hooked on Subaru since. I'd like an Evo someday, but I'd also like another Corvette someday, so... :( Nice torque number for that Evo, too.

You got permabanned from IW?

Thanks man! I miss my Corvette as well but I don't miss the reliability issues.

Yeah I got permabanned from IW. It started as a month long ban and then the night before the ban was over I got perma'd lol, guess they decided a month wasn't long enough? I was honestly there just to piss off the "my car is too loud with the stock exhaust" GR owners so I probably deserved it. Although I do miss the journals. =(

Paul.c

I am a GR OWNER!! I am appalled at these statements!! The stock GR exhaust is waaaaaaay too loud!! I am going to add about 60-70lbs of dynamat to hopefully deaden my interior noise. Also does anyone know of a quieter tire? I'm not worried about performance as much as comfort. What do caddies use? Do you have any tips for me on how to make my car ride smoother maybe some air bags? And one more question. Who makes chrome accessories for my 08 STi?

I am a GR OWNER!! I am appalled at these statements!! The stock GR exhaust is waaaaaaay too loud!! I am going to add about 60-70lbs of dynamat to hopefully deaden my interior noise. Also does anyone know of a quieter tire? I'm not worried about performance as much as comfort. What do caddies use? Do you have any tips for me on how to make my car ride smoother maybe some air bags? And one more question. Who makes chrome accessories for my 08 STi?
:rofl:

Exactly!

icudruln

:lol: I've seen more and more stuff like that pop up lately. What's next? The car handles too good?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks man! I miss my Corvette as well but I don't miss the reliability issues.

Yeah I got permabanned from IW. It started as a month long ban and then the night before the ban was over I got perma'd lol, guess they decided a month wasn't long enough? I was honestly there just to piss off the "my car is too loud with the stock exhaust" GR owners so I probably deserved it. Although I do miss the journals. =(

OH well we love you right here. I got banned to and started this little company. Hang around your gonna be needed on IGOTAEVO.com! Thanks for the support again! Future moderator!

toomes

I would personally get the SE model, but as long as you sell me your seats, you can stay here and have fun!! :tard: