Out of my element.

I would personally get the SE model, but as long as you sell me your seats, you can stay here and have fun!! :tard:

MR FTW, Bilistein's, aluminum roof, forged BBS wheels, vortex generator and my favorite part 6 speed trans. Unless you mean you would have got the MR SE which comes with all those things but has a different front lip and color scheme on the Recaros.

And yes, Recaros ftw, Subaru needs to get with it and offer them in North America.

OH well we love you right here. I got banned to and started this little company. Hang around your gonna be needed on IGOTAEVO.com! Thanks for the support again! Future moderator!

You got banned for starting this site? Kevin is such a douche.

Hey now, I've got the Subaru carbon fiber interior trim... :(

My car comes from the factory with fake carbon fiber trim, shift nob insert and E-Brake insert lol. If it was real CF I would be a lot happier.

Looks good buddy!

Thanks man, no more parking by people for joo mmmmk!

Last edited:

gerwulf

Only thing DSM's are good for is breaking every other week. ;)

I miss nothing about my STI except the exhaust note. The Evo handles better, takes to mods better and has nicer seats. The STi has the sexy exhaust but stock for stock lags a tad behind performance wise and we all know what happens when you mod a 4G63. =)

Haha, stock for stock, and my stock vs lightly modded Evos, I beat them all, you can ask Jordan (Defined Performance). There was not a evenly modded or slightly more modded Evo around these parts that could keep up with my STI. I like both cars, but around here I had to race every Evo around to try and prove that myth wrong. I feel they are pretty equal stock for stock with the older STIs being a split second faster. I will agree that the mods for a Evo are a little bit cheaper and they come with a bigger turbo stock. Both great cars!

BadlandsRacer

I'm just worried about how the blends change during the year and from station to station. Do you have a test kit that you use before every fill up?

In my area, blends are NEVER actually 85% ethanol. It's more common that I see 75-80%, with a drop to around 60% in the winter months. Blend changes between stations have been neglible, 3-5%.

I use the Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer and gauge. It is an AMAZING tool...a little pricey, but worth it to know exactly how much ethanol content I'm running.

45064908.jpg

Haha, stock for stock, and my stock vs lightly modded Evos, I beat them all, you can ask Jordan (Defined Performance). There was not a evenly modded or slightly more modded Evo around these parts that could keep up with my STI. I like both cars, but around here I had to race every Evo around to try and prove that myth wrong. I feel they are pretty equal stock for stock with the older STIs being a split second faster. I will agree that the mods for a Evo are a little bit cheaper and they come with a bigger turbo stock. Both great cars!

It's not a myth man, Evos are faster stock for stock and mod for mod. They are faster around the ring by almost 10 seconds and the Evo was tested in the rain lol. They have hit high 12's bone stock which no STI has done IIRC and they usually dominate their class in time attack. Just look who Crawford seems to come in 2nd to every year in time attack. ;) Hell, Evo's can hit mid 10's on a bone stock engine running the stock turbo, STI's struggle to hit high 11's on the stock turbo. Best motoring has done many tests, the Evo always seems to have the fastest lap around their test track and almost always wins the 1/4 mile tests. But yes, they are both great cars and I'm glad I have had the privilege to own both. With that said I prefer almost everything about my IX over my 05 STI besides the exhaust note.

EDIT: So no one gets butt hurt I'm not putting down the STI in any way. I loved my 05 and I'm just stating the facts along with my experience of owning the cars back to back.

In my area, blends are NEVER actually 85% ethanol. It's more common that I see 75-80%, with a drop to around 60% in the winter months. Blend changes between stations have been neglible, 3-5%.

I use the Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer and gauge. It is an AMAZING tool...a little pricey, but worth it to know exactly how much ethanol content I'm running.

45064908.jpg

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have a 2004 STi which is the rawest baddest STi they ever made with only 9500 original miles, beat that, LOL!

the 9500 is nice... but i disagree... the bugeye and gc sti has got to be the rawest of them all... you cant get anymore raw then a 207 and a vf22 or vf36 spec C and is not managed by a drive by wire computer system or an electronic center diff...

We will say "rawest" USDM STI which I think without argument it is. Otherwise you have a valid point, no USDM car is really raw compared to what they have gotten over seas. Hell, an Evo VI makes my car look like a 7 series BMW.

Mark's STi is oddly fast in my personal opinion. I've never heard of it losing a race with an Evo comparable in power or even slightly above in power. It's a freak from Mother Subaru herself.

Or he has a good driver mod.;-) I'm sure I could hop in his car and lose to much slower cars on a regular basis because my driver mod is lacking.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
the 9500 is nice... but i disagree... the bugeye and gc sti has got to be the rawest of them all... you cant get anymore raw then a 207 and a vf22 or vf36 spec C and is not managed by a drive by wire computer system or an electronic center diff...

Bubba you always gotta bust my balls! LOL. I had both and I wish my STi had the recaro's that my EVO had.

BadlandsRacer

I'm overly paranoid about E85 though so maybe having something like that will ease my fears and finally make me confident enough to buy injectors and get retuned. My tuner runs E85 in his shop car and never tests the blends and says it's no big deal.

This being my third motor, Luke, I definitely understand...that's why I sprung for the analyzer/gauge. Though E85, even with lower concentrations, isn't as likely to produce knock, I just wanted to make sure I took every measure of safety possible. I was even tuned around E75 just for that added measure. Once the winter blend hit and I saw E62 on the gauge, I stayed off the throttle until that tank was gone and I had switched back to 91. It's also pretty neat to see which stations don't advertise any ethanol in their premium fuel but actually have it, and which advertise a minimum of 85% ethanol content in their E85, but have WAY under that. Definitely a neat gadget and money well spent for simple peace of mind.

If you're considering the switch to E85, keep an eye on the new DeatschWerks 300lph fuel pump. They're saying they tested it extensively on E85 and E100.

This being my third motor, Luke, I definitely understand...that's why I sprung for the analyzer/gauge. Though E85, even with lower concentrations, isn't as likely to produce knock, I just wanted to make sure I took every measure of safety possible. I was even tuned around E75 just for that added measure. Once the winter blend hit and I saw E62 on the gauge, I stayed off the throttle until that tank was gone and I had switched back to 91. It's also pretty neat to see which stations don't advertise any ethanol in their premium fuel but actually have it, and which advertise a minimum of 85% ethanol content in their E85, but have WAY under that. Definitely a neat gadget and money well spent for simple peace of mind.

If you're considering the switch to E85, keep an eye on the new DeatschWerks 300lph fuel pump. They're saying they tested it extensively on E85 and E100.

Walbros have issue with E85 or what? Would prefer to keep my Walbro because that is just one less expense.

I'm interested in one of these... Being able to tell if there is ethanol in my 93 would be awesome!

There is Ethanol in our 91. Would be cool to see how much but it's suppose to cut down on pollution I think.

You realize a built 4g63 can handle 800+ hp and our shortblock starts breaking apart at 700 even when sleeved?

+1

To add on to this, there have been stock 4G63's with 600+ whp lol. Like I said before, stock block 4G63's have hit 9's in the 1/4 and are driven to and from the track IE: daily drivers with full interiors, radio, etc. It's not uncommon for an E85 Evo rocking the stock turbo and stock block to hit mid to high 10's with a decent driver. I loved my STI but there really is no compairing the EJ series of engines to the 4G63. (not saying the EJ is bad it's just not as beefy as the 4G63).

Too bad power has nothing to do with how a car performs. I'm just saying.

That is true but Evo's usually perform pretty well in competiton.;-)

EDIT: Paul, not trying to be disrespectful to you guys. We were just comparing engines between STI's and Evo's not how each car performs.

Last edited: