perrin inlet hose issues

Well, perrin's black and white, half-ass pictures and crappy directions are screwing things up. The hose they say to remove and cut the large part off of, well, I haven't cut it yet because it is not long enough to reach around the harness that they specifically say should be on top of the hose, well, it wont reach at its full length, combine that with the fact the other hose that comes off of the valve mounted on the front of the intake manifold ends up kinked and doesn't match to the hole they say it should. Could someone post an extremely large picture of the 90 degree portion so I can see where the front hoses go??? All I want is to get my damn car back on the road, unfortunately, I cant with shit directions!!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Will this help?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393552642.262132.jpg

Hopefully well let me know if you think it improves the boost response since I will be doing this as well but during my engine rebuild so it should be a bit easier.

Waiting on hose clamps to get here for the bpv tube. In all honesty, I am not impressed with the design of the port positions, garbage. I don't think it's going to make a difference to me as I'm already building boost At about 2200 rpms. Who knows. I do have plans to hit yimisport in the next month as Ron hasn't got his dyno up yet.

I will do a small write-up tomorrow. The getting it in was easy as sin, it's the incorrect positioning on ports that pisses me off.

K. Give me a sec. Also, the bpv tube, yeah, it points down which puts the hose into the pipe below it. We can't even clamp the fucking thing.

Check this shit out. I can't even drive the car cause the fucking hose will not seat for the bpv!!!! The angle is so far down, the tube will not even seat, rendering the car completely useless!!!!

u5e3y6un.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Well, shit the bed Fred. The only thing I can think of is that it's twisted. I'm sure you made sure but the hose is on straight? Like the 90* bend is horizontal and not cocked up or down?
I just haven't heard of this type of issue with the Perrin inlet.
Maybe they boxed the wrong part in the right box?

anything is possible, we got it on, but, had to rotate and hold while my buddy tightened the clamp on the turbo, so now it is twisted but in a way that fits. Now, I have a vacuum leak because of the stupid solenoid fitting!!! I might just light the fucking thing on fire tonight.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Mine just went into place without much effort. I smeared grease all over it before install. Definitely no twisting or twisting to make it fit in place.
I hate to say it, but you might take it out and try another stab at it. Maybe cool off and have a beer first! Lol
As for the broke thingy, not sure what I'm looking at and honestly not well versed on all of the little doohickeys under there so I can't really say for sure.

eh, its in and snug, im going to leave it be. The solenoid thing has once again rendered the car useless. looks like two weeks without a car now.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Holycrapitsfast or fuji_production probably is going to be the best bet in determining the broke thing. They've had these cars apart a billion times.
Sucks man. Sorry to hear your troubles. Wish I could be more help.