Problem with APv1--Says ECU is already using a different AccessPort! >:(

Scooby STIle

Ok so, I was having problems with my car. Finally got it up and running, and it had a nice trip to the hookah lounge and back home.
I got the Cobb AccessPort V1 with the car when I purchased it. The previous owner only had this subie.
I never tried using it until today to try to figure out how to check my dtc's and I wanted to flash a new live map to my ecu.

I printed out and followed the instructions from Cobb, step by step.
But while it was initializing to flash, and the dots were going across the screen, an error came up saying the ecu is ALREADY using an accessport, and it wouldnt let me do anything!

Is there a way that me disconnecting the battery so many times while my car was out of commission could have negatively affected anything to do with my ecu and the accessport? Im worried that I wont be able to 'unload' the supposed accessport on my ecu and use the one that was the only one used on it. Unless he had someone else marry theres to my ecu and gave me his :( Which I hope isnt the case, I dont have money for a new ecu...

Any help on fixing this issue?

Car does have a custom tune from EDO Performance, I have a base and live map from them.
I was considering calling them up, but wanted to check in here and see if maybe theres a simple fix. If not, I'll go ahead and call up Cobb first, then EDO.

Thanks for any help/advice :tup: