Question About Boost Control

04ssti

So if you are running a normal draw thru MAF and the boost control vents pressure to atmosphere, this is metered air it is venting. How much of this changes fuel curves? I have a blow through MAF and I am running the hybrid boost control set up. My MBC has a small hold on the WG hose outlet to relieve pressure. The inlet of the MBC is from the intake manifold. So that way will also be venting metered air. So I blocked off the little hole. I know, that is bad..

I got a Hallman MBC and that also has a bleed hole on the outlet barb fitting. I am going to move the boost source to the turbo outlet that way it is before the MAF (blow thru set up) and not after.

Would it make things more stable if the MBC is not bleeding off pressure from a source that is already metered?

Might sound confusing..
Thanks guy

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The simple solution would be to plenum the vented ports back into the intake after the maf and before the turbo. You should be able to "T" into an existing line somewhere. That would be the only best way to do it on a draw through MAF system. If you do bleed boost to the atmosphere it will run richer but how much is to be discovered. Taking a log of wide band afr's venting to atmosphere and then recirculating to intake will reveal the impact.