RACE INSPIRED.COM

LudaDaIntruda

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give you guys the heads up and let you know not to order anything from raceinspired.com, they are dishonest, unreputable and unknowledgable on their products! The story goes I ordered one of their Tanabe Turbo Back Exhausts, I called them before ordering and asked them if this would fit my 2011 STI Sedan they said yes will fit with no problem. So I ordered the exhaust, the exhaust arrived attempted to have it installed and it didn't fit, called them back telling them it didn't fit, they told me that it only fits a 2011 STI Hatch... wtf? Yeah.. anyways they gave me a return #, the exhaust was returned after paying almost $75.00 in shipping, and they said they will not be able to do a refund because it had scratches on the exhaust. Considering it was their fault in the first place for being unknowledgable on their product, they should be responsible for it. I am going to post this post on every Subaru Forum I can find to let people know about this, so it won't happen to you! Again, don't use these guys for business, I don't want you to regret it like I am, I am out over $1400.00 because of them!

P.S. After the fact, they now list the exhaust only made for the STI Hatch, WOW!

Z1107

I only order from defined or one of our other vendors. No problems, great customer service. Our vendors are the best.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello everyone! I just wanted to give you guys the heads up and let you know not to order anything from raceinspired.com, they are dishonest, unreputable and unknowledgable on their products! The story goes I ordered one of their Tanabe Turbo Back Exhausts, I called them before ordering and asked them if this would fit my 2011 STI Sedan they said yes will fit with no problem. So I ordered the exhaust, the exhaust arrived attempted to have it installed and it didn't fit, called them back telling them it didn't fit, they told me that it only fits a 2011 STI Hatch... wtf? Yeah.. anyways they gave me a return #, the exhaust was returned after paying almost $75.00 in shipping, and they said they will not be able to do a refund because it had scratches on the exhaust. Considering it was their fault in the first place for being unknowledgable on their product, they should be responsible for it. I am going to post this post on every Subaru Forum I can find to let people know about this, so it won't happen to you! Again, don't use these guys for business, I don't want you to regret it like I am, I am out over $1400.00 because of them!

P.S. After the fact, they now list the exhaust only made for the STI Hatch, WOW!

Please dispute the charge with your credit card company... you are not out the money just yet. Your credit card company will gladly settle this for you.

Do they still have the exhaust? They essentially stole your money and they misrepresented them selves and the product they sold. That is fraud IMO. You should have no problem getting the money back.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear that. I check each of our Vendors we have here. I have called and talked to them personally on the phone or in person and vouch for each of them. I also to date have turned down 4 shady Vendors.

STimedic

I can vouch for Jordan. I've done business with several vendors over the last 4-5yrs and Jordan by far is the best I've worked with, hands down.

You are not out of your $1400. If you returned the item as it was misunderstood what product they were offering, that's their fault and after the parts arrived, that's their problem. If the product was damaged during shipment back to them, that a problem they need to take up with the shipper. If someone told ME they were going to be keeping my $1400 for a product they never provided.....God help them. There's plenty of people here who would be willing to help.

Last edited:

LudaDaIntruda

Well the situation right now is, My wife filed a claim with UPS. UPS picked up the exhaust from Race Inspired and they did their inspection on the exhaust to see that it is damaged, scratched and dinged and the box the exhaust came in was damaged as well from shipping! So it's the waiting game now to see if UPS is going to pay for the damages to the exhaust, may not get back the full value, but it will be better than nothing. And on another note I will be getting the exhaust back in my possession. But still Race Inspired should of taken it up with the shipper and still refunded me, another reason for no one to ever use these bastards!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well the situation right now is, My wife filed a claim with UPS. UPS picked up the exhaust from Race Inspired and they did their inspection on the exhaust to see that it is damaged, scratched and dinged and the box the exhaust came in was damaged as well from shipping! So it's the waiting game now to see if UPS is going to pay for the damages to the exhaust, may not get back the full value, but it will be better than nothing. And on another note I will be getting the exhaust back in my possession. But still Race Inspired should of taken it up with the shipper and still refunded me, another reason for no one to ever use these bastards!

NOOOO!... You are not responsible in any way and you should not have to pay for something that clearly is not what you wanted and it is there fault for not disclosing the correct information up front.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company and if they favor your side (which they will) then don't accept the package when it arrives. It is that simple. If the package arrives before they make a decisions then hold onto it and send it back if the credit card company refunds your money.

icudruln

I only use two companies for parts: Cygnus and Defined. I've had less than happy experiences with Rallysport Direct and Import Image Racing.

LudaDaIntruda

As it stands right now, UPS has received the package and it looks like they are going to pay for the full value of the exhaust, let's keep our fingers crossed!

STimedic

I won't deal with IIR EVER again. Not after my $5.5k order took 3 WEEKS and multiple phone calls to get piecemeal. And even then, I ended up getting a partial refund because I grew tired of waiting on them to pull their head out of their ass and send me my stuff and cancelled what I hadn't gotten.

I've also ordered from Gruppe-S and a couple other places I'll never go back to. Jordan has my business from here on out. Period.

LudaDaIntruda

Hello everyone! So my wife picked up the Tanabe Medalion Concept G Blue Turboback Exhaust Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Hatch 2008-2012, and it turns out they are denying our claim. Go figure right, my wife opened up the package and looked at the exhaust, and found superficial scratches and a few superficial dings, so it looks like I am going to take it in the ass this go around! It is what it is. So now I have this exhaust system that is no use to me and still looks amazing! So... is anyone out there with a 2008-2012 STI HATCH interested in buying a Tanabe Medalion Concept G Blue Turboback Exhaust for $950.00 plus shipping, I paid over $1400.00 for this exhaust so it is a heck of a deal! I will post pictures later of exhaust once my wife sends them to me!

LudaDaIntruda

Ok, I wanted to post the pictures of the scratches and dings on the exhaust, that way I am being truthful and honest and you know what you would be getting, let's just say I would be sending out this exhaust packed up 100% better than it was. Just for a note, as you can see the scratches and dings are minimal, and would not effect the performance of the exhaust, and visually once under the car you would not be able to tell, this exhaust has never even been ran on a car yet. Overall the exhaust is still in very good shape! Just needs a new owner!

LudaDaIntruda

tanabe2.jpgtanabe3.jpgtanabe4.jpgTanabe1.jpg

As you can see the sratches and dings are superficial. I hope you guys can view these, let me know!

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Did you dispute charges with the CC company? You REALLY should not be out ANY money for them basically lying to you.

LudaDaIntruda

To make everything clear, I did not make the purchase with a CC, it was made through paypal using my checking account information, it's kind of hard to dispute about a CC purchase when you didn't use one... just saying!