RACE INSPIRED.COM

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Vermont

Please dispute this. If not for the sake of your money (which should be a big one) then at least so this company does not get the idea that they can walk all over us, the customer.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
PayPal is easy to make a claim. I do it all the time and have never been let down. When you log onto your PP account just click on "Resolution Center"

Don't let them walk all over you!

LudaDaIntruda

Thank you everyone for all the advice, it is very helpful! As a update! My wife stopped by the bank and filled out the form that they send to the credit card company. They will take care of it and see if there's anything they can do. So we will see, hopefully it will work out in our favor! I will also be filing a dispute as well with Paypal!

LudaDaIntruda

It has been over a month through Paypal, so I am unable to file a dispute through Paypal, hopefully the bank and credit card company pulls through!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Try to call paypal. If you did not receive the item until recently, but ordered it and paid via paypal more than 30 days ago, they *may* still be able to open a claim. Even if you don't call, contact their customer service dept. Explain that you paid a while ago, got it recently, and was attempting to working with them to resolve the problem--and that's why the 30 days have past.

1-888-215-5506 (I think that's their number).

raceinspired

Hi,

Given some of the stuff that was said on this post, we want to respond here so that everyone has a complete understanding of the story. We are raceinspired and before you dismiss us as another shady company who screws over their customers, I can tell you it's absolutely not true. But don't take our words for it, just Google "raceinspired.com testimonial" and read for yourself. As always there are 2 sides to any story.

Our company treats customers with respect and courtesy like how we would want to be treated if we were customers ourselves. That's why we have a 30-day return policy with no restocking fees unlike most companies in this industry. And in this case, we were glad to take the item back. However, as LudaDaIntruda mentioned in his post, when we received the item back, it was clearly damaged to us. From our perspective as a recipient, there's no way for us to know whether the damage was done before hand or happened during shipping. But we'll assume it's from shipping since it can happen once in a while. UPS confirmed the damage and we even sent Luda the images of our inspection (attached here) so that he's aware. As a result, we requested a damage claim with UPS. UPS told us they can only take the damage claim from the shipper who is Luda. When we mentioned about the damage to Luda, he's upset, understandably so. We were too. If the package wasn't damaged, everything would have been resolved and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But given that the package was damaged, we couldn't take the item back and needed to follow the proper steps to claim it with UPS. As it turned out, UPS denied his damage claim because it found the item was not properly packaged for the return shipping. We also suspected that given the items were all jumbled in the box without any padding. At that point, he threatened to post on forums smearing our reputation which brought us here.

As customers ourselves too (yes, we buy stuff too), we expect reasonableness from the stores we buy and of ourselves as customers. If we need to return an item back to the store (and we have), we expect them to take it back (which we did happily). What we don't expect is that we'll return a dented and scratched item jumbled up in the box and expect them to accept it. We would package it in its original box and in the same condition as how we as a customer first got the item. It's reasonableness and common courtesy. And even so, we followed up with both Luda and UPS and kept him aware.

In the end, we'd like to get this resolved. So if Luda is reading this, we apologize for the hassles you went through. Please contact us and we can assist with your UPS claims further and other steps as needed.
no-packaging.jpgno-packaging2.jpgdent.jpgscratches.jpgscratches2.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome reply Fuji. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I to am impartial and I think the point that is being missed here is the he should not have been sold that exhaust in the first place. He clearly asked the question "Will this fit my car" and the vendor clearly said "Yes it will". That to me suggests the liability lies with the vendor.

I still think Luda should pursue PayPay and his bank for action.

Regardless, when we have an answer to this thread, I will be banning raceinspired for failure to follow forum rules and creating a username with a business/vendor name

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I to am impartial and I think the point that is being missed here is the he should not have been sold that exhaust in the first place. He clearly asked the question "Will this fit my car" and the vendor clearly said "Yes it will". That to me suggests the liability lies with the vendor.

I still think Luda should pursue PayPay and his bank for action.

Regardless, when we have an answer to this thread, I will be banning raceinspired for failure to follow forum rules and creating a username with a business/vendor name

Well I say let them reply to this thread and see what they have to say about what you said.

LudaDaIntruda

And RaceInspired I tell you again, that you guys told me prior to ordering the product that it would fit my 2011 STI Sedan, and it ended up being for a 2011 STI Hatchback bringing me to the point, if you guys were knowledgable in your products you and I would not be in this situation to begin with, you fouled and you didn't own up! My wife will be contacting you guys to resolve this situation, just remember the next time a customer orders a product from you, make sure and know the product you are selling. There are good and honest people out there, that work hard for there money that will pay good money for a good product. So this is to you I say again, KNOW your product!

LudaDaIntruda

And the exhaust was not thrown into the box, the company that installed the exhaust to find out it didn't fit, packaged the exhaust back up, how do I know Race Inspired didn't fuck up the exhaust upon receipt.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have to agree with Holy. If they shipped you the wrong exhaust they need to take care of the issue. We will wait to see what they say and do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
But what if said item was received by the customer under false pretenses and there is no way to find out it is the wrong part until an attempt is made to install it. At that point it is highly possible to scratch or dent it and if it were me I would be livid and expect a full refund no matter the condition at that point.

I'm not suggesting that is what happened here but this is a situation that has happened many a times with myself and others. So now I'm out the cost of the part plus the time and labor to attempt to install it, All because I was told it would fit on my car.

Well screw that! Luda is a much better man than me because if this happened to me I would drive accross country with the damaged item strapped to the front of my car and when I have arrived at the store I would drive through the front window and into the office of the owner. "Here ya go! you can have the exhaust and keep the money, you'll need it to fix your building"

Last edited:

raceinspired

I want to first thank CRZTRBO, Fujiwara, Holy, and rek888 for running a fair forum and letting us respond. I apologize that we didn't follow the proper forum rules in our hurry to respond to this thread. We'll make sure to do that going forward.

I totally agree with Holy and Luda that the responsibilities lie with us and we didn't shy away from it. We took it back. Since I wasn't the specific person who spoke to Luda, I can't say that we did or did not confirm fitment. These things often come down to he said/she said and we'll err on the customer side and take it that we did confirm since Luda said that we did. I can, however, say that we always check with the manufacturer whenever we get specific fitment questions like this. With thousands of products in our database, it's impossible for anyone of us to remember fitment info for a specific item so we always call to double check with the manufacturer. So if Tanabe tells us it fits, we relay that back to our customer. That said, regardless if the info came from the manufacturer or not, we took full responsibility for the wrong info and took the item back. Mistakes do happen (both Tanabe and us aren't perfect). And even if there's no mistake, sometime you don't want the item after getting it for whatever reason. That's why we have a no restocking fee return policy.

Where things went wrong in the process is the return shipping. If the item had gotten back to us without dents and damages, we wouldn't be having this conversation whether the item didn't fit or Luda simply didn't want it anymore. That said, we respect every customer we have. So if Luda contacts us again, we'll be happy to assist with the UPS damage claim and more. I believe it's UPS practice to deny your claim 2-3 times because their claim adjusters are measured against how much they pay out for claims. It's happened to us many times before.

Last edited:

LudaDaIntruda

Race Inspired I appreciate that you guys are willing to help, I am currently off fighting a war at the moment, so my time is limited, I will tell you that my Wife will be contacting you to deal with this situation. Thanks again everyone on the Forum I appreciate everyone advice, opinions ect.. Thank you Race Inspired for owning up! I can say that if I get my full refund back after everything is said and done, I will retract everything that I have said about your guys, because you guys in the long run will have done the right thing!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Race Inspired we run a very fair and honest community. Thank you for coming on and working to correct this problem.