Rear Subframe Lock Down Bolt Install Problems

ZachTTLM

Alright guys, I have installed several of these kits and never ran into this problem until now. I started the Bolt into the hole and as I started twisting it in there was a pop and it free spun. I am pretty sure this is only a weld nut located in the uniframe/subframe that broke loose. The problem is I am only about half way in with the bolt and now I cant get it in or out..I was not putting alot of force or anything on it while doing it. Has anyone else ran into this issue or does anyone know How to get to the nut in the frame work?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm afraid you broke the weld that holds the nut in place. Something simallar happened to me a while ago. We cut the bolt with a cutting torch and let the nut fall in. We then welded in a new nut in it's place by making the hole the size of the replacement nut and welded it in. It wasn't the ideal repair but it worked.

Where exactly is the bolt located. I need to see where you are talking about... Calling now.

ZachTTLM

Thanks George as we spoke on the phone I decided I am gonna make a piece if it turns out the way I have it planned in my head, I may mass produce them for the people that have ran into this problem as well.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds like a good idea. I hope everything works out for you man! :tup: