Renegade's 1999 WRSTi

Renegade

So here is a short story on my car(s):

I bought my first 99 RS back in June 2008, pretty much stock in Williamsport, PA.

dsc0023sr1.jpg

dsc0025np1.jpg

dsc0030bx7.jpg

dsc0031zl9.jpg

I started modifying it by purchasing a pink I badge. De-modified it by hitting a small tree and destroying the light bar. Started learning about fixing my own car by doing the valve cover gaskets and replacing spark plugs and wires. bought some winter wheels and tires and started Rally Xing. Then I needed to do some maintenance/upgrading with my suspension. Bought some STi BBS wheels and started Auto Xing. Upgraded rear sway bar from 13mm to a 20mm. Got a RB5 carbon fiber replica wing and some fog light covers. Needed to do my head gaskets so bought everything and learned some more about maintaining my own car. Finished maintenance and then the car got hit in a parking lot this past winter.

img5867do6.jpg

img5868aa7.jpg

img5869ur7.jpg

img5870ho3.jpg

img5871rg9.jpg

dsc0021ne6.jpg

dsc0022rr3.jpg

dsc0023yx3.jpg

dsc0024jd8.jpg

dsc0025su8.jpg

dsc0026ht3.jpg

dsc0027dr2.jpg

dsc0028cf3.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

28438_10150183281625392_595810391_12341538_3509600_n.jpg

Favorite Picture of my old car
dsc1133fl6.jpg

Here is my current list of mods.

Engine & Transmission:

Engine a 2.5/2.0 hybrid and is at about 12,000 miles. Shortblock build by Suba.
New 07 STi EJ257 Block
11mm oil pump
Eagle rods
Cosworth oil baffle
Cosworth rod and main bearings
Cosworth head gaskets
Cosworth pistons
ARP head studs.
2.0L turbo heads.
Brand New VF43 turbo.
STi TMIC
Injector Dynamics EV14 950cc injectors.
07 STi 6 speed.
Subaru short shift kit and linkage.
Perrin Catch Can

Suspension:

20mm front & rear anti-swaybar
DMS coil-overs 40mm street

Wheels & Brakes:

Prodrive GC-06 18x7.5 (white w/ polished lip) (summer/Auto X/Track)
Firestone Firehawk WIDE OVAL Indy 500 tires 225/40
RS 5 spokes (gold) (winter/iceracing)
Hankook I*Pikes w/ studs 205/55
Red FHI 4 Pots up front w/ slotted rotors
Stock RS rear brakes

Interior:

02 WRX dash and console.
07 STi Limited CD changer.
'05 WRX front seats
STi floor mats
Perrin shift knob
Stock rear seat

Exterior:

JDM STi Aluminum Hood.
Carbon Fiber Replica RB5 wing.
Foglight covers RBP with STi & Prodrive vinyls.

This is the new car the day I brought it home.
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

This is the car now
DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

Last edited:

Undecisive

I'm diggin it!

So you have two of those?! Want to share? lol

Do you have pics of the interior of the one on white wheels? It looks like STI seats in it?

Renegade

I'm diggin it!

So you have two of those?! Want to share? lol

Do you have pics of the interior of the one on white wheels? It looks like STI seats in it?

They are 2005 WRX seats. I have everything that is done to the new car in my first post.

Thanks for all the comments guys and girls.

Anyone know where I can get an 02-07 glove box?

Renegade

Alright tried my hand at the 1/4 mile tonight and came away with a couple decent runs. Here was my best time, I was in the left lane.

IMG_20110722_231642.jpg

Undecisive

Nice times! As for the glove box, there is the part that opens. But it's really just a drawer with 2 pins on either side. Then there is the backing behind it that is actually screwed into the dash. I'm going to assume you need the whole part. I'll make some calls and see if anyone I know has one on hand. If not I'll search some forums for you.

Renegade

Not a bad time, is it what you were expecting?

I went in looking for 13s and I achieved my goal for the first time out. I need to work on my shifting and could make it into the 12s. My 60' was a 1.8 if I can drop that to a 1.6 and keep a good run I could easily drop into the 12s.

Nice times! As for the glove box, there is the part that opens. But it's really just a drawer with 2 pins on either side. Then there is the backing behind it that is actually screwed into the dash. I'm going to assume you need the whole part. I'll make some calls and see if anyone I know has one on hand. If not I'll search some forums for you.

I'm not in a hurry for it just looking local and I may have found one already just need to make the drive to go get it. Thanks for the help though.

gerwulf

Nice car, good job with it. Pretty big injectors for such a small turbo.......but I guess you are ready to run e85 then.

To drop your 60' time, preload the springs at the starting line by holding the car there against the e-brake, ease up on the car while holding the rpms at like 4,500 and let the car squat. when the light hits, simultaneously release the e-brake and clutch. With practice you can drop that 60' time. My best 60' without preloading the suspension is 1.7x, so a 1.6 is there.

Renegade

Nice car, good job with it. Pretty big injectors for such a small turbo.......but I guess you are ready to run e85 then.

To drop your 60' time, preload the springs at the starting line by holding the car there against the e-brake, ease up on the car while holding the rpms at like 4,500 and let the car squat. when the light hits, simultaneously release the e-brake and clutch. With practice you can drop that 60' time. My best 60' without preloading the suspension is 1.7x, so a 1.6 is there.

I am running E-85 right now, I like the smell of E-85 better than the smell of petrol. That sounds pretty difficult to drop the 60' time I don't think it takes all that to lower the 60' though although I am no expert on drag racing. I'm not real serious into drag racing but it was pretty fun so I may do it again. Trying to get a feel for everything racing Auto X, Rally X, 1/4 mile drag, road course.

Renegade

I mocked up my new gauge mount this morning when the guy who is making this dropped it off. I need to drill the mounting holes right now and then actually mount them. These mounts can work with using a single DIN CD player in a double DIN opening or in the stock dash mount from Subaru.

IMG_20110724_100415.jpg

IMG_20110724_100424.jpg

Renegade

I got a set of 22B vents that I need to paint before I put them on. If I have time between wrenching tomorrow then I may mock them up in their unpainted white state they are in.

Renegade

Nothing to update the 22B vents have a little fitment issue so they won't go on until I figure it out and paint them. I have been doing a little work getting my other car running though.

IMAG0003.jpg

Vermont

Hey dude I think I have seen your car before on the rally X out there in CS. Were you by chance at the SCCA rally X down at the speed way out side of fort Carson? it would have been around April of this year? You might remember my car if you were there. It was the blue/grey 85 Celica sliding around the entire course like a bafoon, pretty much side ways and out of control the whole time. I was also the reason they had to alter that the course on the second part of the day after lunch. It was on the tarmac to dirt transition with a slight dip and i got the car air born while side ways....

Renegade

I was not there for that day. I really wanted to but I couldn't make it. There is another local guy with a turbo setup on his RBP RS. I haven't seen that guy in a while though.