Royal Purple

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We do agree with what your saying [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], but our STi is long out of warranty, lol.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I agree with [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] mostly, except I wouldn't put either Royal Purple or Mobil 1 in my car. Personal preference though, I guess.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Question... How is the oil pick up tube affected by weight? (If applicable)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I agree with @HolyCrapItsFast mostly, except I wouldn't put either Royal Purple or Mobil 1 in my car. Personal preference though, I guess.

Royal Purple, I wouldn't even put it in my sewing machine. I don't even think it is API certified. Mobile one, I don't have an issue with. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Question... How is the oil pick up tube affected by weight? (If applicable)

In cold weather the thicker oil will flow less volume and flow at a slower rate on start up. I don't have to tell what the implications of that are. As it warms up they both revert to 30 weight so no issues there.

Less oil on cold start can't be good.

TK-421

Damn, while I'm busy at work today, [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] went ham! See this is why you can't leave me man! Gotta fart dust with me and teach the youngsters!

TK-421

Nice how long did you work as a dealer tech? i want to also be a dealer tech not to sound too cliche id love to work for subaru one day and thank you theres not too much people like you now a days that'll answer questions and gov e good information back

6 years as a dealer tech before I went into the speed shop world.

Word of advice, never EVER work in a dealership that sells the car you drive and own as a job, because you then learn to hate the car and the brand. It just becomes another job, which is why I HATE toyota's now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Damn, while I'm busy at work today, @HolyCrapItsFast went ham! See this is why you can't leave me man! Gotta fart dust with me and teach the youngsters!

Sometimes I feel like a big fat know-it-all and I hate know-it-alls... but then i realize that i know it all :lol:

JK!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, I'm bringing this thread back up because:

1) Nobody seems to want to do UOA
2) I'm going to be changing my oil soon
3) I'm going to be doing an UOA through Blackstone Labs on my Dominator 10w-30 (I have the packet from the in my garage ready to ship out once I change my oil)
4) I'm going to be doing a few more UOA on Rotella T6 and normal amsoil 5w-30 this year

I've never tried Rotella T6, so the comparison will show if branding is the selling point on some oils. (to a certain limit, of course)

This is clearly going to take quite a few months to do. We are talking about 9,000 miles (more like 6,800 miles because I've already gotten 2,2XX miles on the current Dominator), split into thirds between three different oils. :tup:

TK-421

Ok, I'm bringing this thread back up because:

1) Nobody seems to want to do UOA
2) I'm going to be changing my oil soon
3) I'm going to be doing an UOA through Blackstone Labs on my Dominator 10w-30 (I have the packet from the in my garage ready to ship out once I change my oil)
4) I'm going to be doing a few more UOA on Rotella T6 and normal amsoil 5w-30 this year

I've never tried Rotella T6, so the comparison will show if branding is the selling point on some oils. (to a certain limit, of course)

This is clearly going to take quite a few months to do. We are talking about 9,000 miles (more like 6,800 miles because I've already gotten 2,2XX miles on the current Dominator), split into thirds between three different oils. :tup:

Dude.....it's Christmas go eat a ham or something with your family!

Your too intense sometimes! Take a break son

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I already did everything today! Everything! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im on vacation every day. :tup:

I want my own analysis! :ty:

:lol: :subaru: :sti:

TK-421

Ugh never mind, I'm gonna go eat until my blood sugar is sky high and I'm fat. Today is a day to relax, no more car stuff, not today! Try it dude, it's fun sometimes to not obsess over it, but then again you don't do it for a living, so you don't see things from my point of view.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I enjoy car related things 24/7 100% of the time. :D

I dont do it for a living so i dont face your daily gripes! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hi Alin,

Thank you for the message. I'll get two more kits headed your way shortly. We'll be interested to see how the different oils compare in your STi!
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]