She's at it again...

I would recommend doing a compression test again on a warm, not hot, motor with all the spark plugs removed and the break booster line removed. Start with the suspect cylinder first.

If you determine the cylinders are okay then look toward the plugs. Replace them and and gap them to .028 in. Then I recommend a boost leak test or a smoke test be done. It is also good practice to clean the MAF sensor with some electrical contact cleaner and make sure your air filter is clean.

From the description of the stutter it almost sounds like it is fuel cut of some kind which would be the tune it self. Almost like it is over boosting in 4th gear and higher and then hitting a limit and fuel cutting. If all else can be eliminated you will need to take it back to where you had it tuned.

I just saw this boogie!!! I'm so sorry!!! They are factory, I just figured it out too. Evidently I forgot to gap one plug. It was at 44!!! She runs great now. Ugh.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Glad everything is working properly now. 0.044" gap would definitely cause you some problems.

Well, it came back, lucky for me, while doing the plugs, I swapped coil packs between cylinders one and two. Guess what? Yup, misfire cylinder one. Bought a new pack from Subaru, driving an hour and a half to go pick it up where he left it at the Honda dealer. Gotta love auto malls.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk