SMC Methanol Kit

SSJBaku

I ran it wired from the radio fuse with a tap for a while. Then I switched to a direct battery power source with a relay. For all my other accessories I installed a separate fuse block behind the glove box with its own 8g power wire.

If you need help wiring let me know.

would you be talking about something like this, might be good with the gauges i will eventually install

http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/p349.html

SSJBaku

very true, i know another wiring idea i had a while back is to swap the wiring harness connectors for military grade quick disconnects, i think it would be unique and good for any engine work thats needs done

SSJBaku

Its a pretty straight foreward setup. Install the nozzel where it sprays directly into the throttle body. I had am SMC kit on my 04. I set the controller where I could see when the red light came on when it was low and wired a switch into the power wire so I could turn it on and off.
Just looked back at this, the directions show the 90 bend outside intercooler and nozzle just points from bottom up. Should I get another 90 to aim the spray right at the throttle body?

Td_d

Commander In Chief
That's how mine is set up. Found out since the friggin thread on the nozzle stripped when I took the intercooler off :(

What nozzle sizes do people normally run, btw?

SSJBaku

next question, being that i have a APS FMIC for the time being guessing off the stock TMIC im thinking i should drill about an inch back from the coupler to the throttle body to keep it right about where SMC had it intended to go

SSJBaku

i have been trying to find pics of locations to mount the controller, don't really like mounting it per the directions, right next to right leg down by shifter, don't want it to be too permanent but would like a cleaner look any ideas?

SSJBaku

right now i have it mocked up on the side of the center console right by the shifter, idk if im going to keep it there as i cant see it while driving safely

right now i have it mocked up on the side of the center console right by the shifter, idk if im going to keep it there as i cant see it while driving safely

Is there anything you need to see like a flow or fail safe light? If not I'd put it under the kick panel out of site. There's a ton of room down their. I have a few relays, a turbo timer cpu, 2 sensor modules, and some other things stuffed around the steering column.

SSJBaku

yeah it has all the lighting on the little control box, might just move it up by cd player in the little space there