So my car battery died along with my turbo

Bang876

I have an 05 wrx sti which has been parked on my dad driveway since December and stupid me left the battery connected because i foolishly thought my dad was going to live up to his word of "I will drive it around the block a few time every week until you come back from the deployment". Long story short, he swap out my old battery and the car started fine. But he notice that the turbo would not spool up whenever he hit the gas. Also no matter how hard he rev the engine it would not go above 2kRPM. I am guessing losing battery power had an effect on the car ECU and my tune. The 2k limit is actually one of my preset map i use for when i leave the car to a shop and I don't trust them to take it for a joy ride when leave. But I don't understand how the turbo would not spool up at and all. Honestly I wish I could tell you guys more but my dad know less about import cars then me and this is what I manage to decipher. Man I wish I was there right now! Anyhow any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys for your continue help:)

Bang876

Said Turbo is a Rotated Garret G35R and ECU is a COBB Aceesport.

Bang876

Alright man please don't get mad for saying this but umm how do you Flash your Map?? I bought the car on R&R leave and only drove it for like a week so I am really clueless regarding using my Aceesssport. Would you please help guide me through the proper steps of flash my maps and install the original map again. Then I could in turn guide my dad to fix this issue. Thanks and sorry for being so clueless about this.

Z1107

You get under your dash/drivers side and connect two sockets together plug the Accessport into the OBD port and follow the instructions provided.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Its not that hard. Have you been under the dash yet to look for your port?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have an 05 wrx sti which has been parked on my dad driveway since December and stupid me left the battery connected because i foolishly thought my dad was going to live up to his word of "I will drive it around the block a few time every week until you come back from the deployment". Long story short, he swap out my old battery and the car started fine. But he notice that the turbo would not spool up whenever he hit the gas. Also no matter how hard he rev the engine it would not go above 2kRPM. I am guessing losing battery power had an effect on the car ECU and my tune. The 2k limit is actually one of my preset map i use for when i leave the car to a shop and I don't trust them to take it for a joy ride when leave. But I don't understand how the turbo would not spool up at and all. Honestly I wish I could tell you guys more but my dad know less about import cars then me and this is what I manage to decipher. Man I wish I was there right now! Anyhow any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys for your continue help:)

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about the turbo just yet... No turbo is going to spool under 2000rpm :tup:. I would get that figured out first.

Bang876

Thanks for all the helps guys and sorry for the late reply, we got Frago and got stuck doing extra missions. Anyhow yes I know where I should connect the COBB Acessport but I never flash a map before. My car is currently located in Jacksonville, FL. I set aside about $3500 for Punisher Performance to work their magic when I go back on block leave. Hopefully I get have my own tune and see whats really in this thing. Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.