Spec D tuning headlights

Do yourself a favor and just dont do it. I wish I would have done alittle more research before buying these. I got the black Twin Halo projectors as my JDM headlights are in need of some TLC, so I figured an extra set wouldn't hurt so I could take my time getting the JDM's right. As soon I opened these they didn't look terrible. The housing looked pretty decent. It was the wiring situation that made me turn my nose up. The connectors felt cheap and looked the part. They have no quick connection so it isnt plug and play. I have no problem doing some wiring work but they are asking to basically remove your ballast for the HIDs ( I have a 2005 STi ) and rewire your low beam high and so on... I watched the install video through Spec D's website and everything just seemed unprofessional and sketchy if you will. Needless to say I'm sending them back. I saw nothing but bad things being said about these after I purchased ..which I take full blame for.. I'm going to purchase some Depo lights and do the JDM conversion. I like the look way better anyways. Any questions feel free to ask away.

(I didn't take a picture of the back of the light.. if needed I can take one after work for reference before I ship them back tomorrow)
5912889a39ba0204c4ff700d7f9f9968.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
We always appreciate the insight and cautionary tales. Hope it all gets sorted out for you quickly!

We always appreciate the insight and cautionary tales. Hope it all gets sorted out for you quickly!
Tomorrow I'll be picking up a headlight restore kit at the local auto store, Looking forward to seeing results! So tired of looking at these nasty headlamps. I'll be sure to do some before and after pics

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are these the same Spec D that I've seen on Ebay where they specifically state that these do not work with STi's? I recall reading in a listing along the lines that HID's don't work and it has to be solely halogen bulbs.

Are these the same Spec D that I've seen on Ebay where they specifically state that these do not work with STi's? I recall reading in a listing along the lines that HID's don't work and it has to be solely halogen bulbs.
That I'm not sure about. I know I saw some STi's with them installed but no clue as to what they had to do/sacrifice to make it work.