STEPHEN CALLAWAY

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Can you file a complaint with PayPal? I know they have some of the WORST customer service of all time, but if you have shipping invoices, tracking numbers, etc... they might be able to get your money back and ban him.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We also got taken by him for a Platinum membership. We lost about $150 total with charge back.

StreetMasters

Inactive Vendor
Can you file a complaint with PayPal? I know they have some of the WORST customer service of all time, but if you have shipping invoices, tracking numbers, etc... they might be able to get your money back and ban him.

Oh, believe me I tried for months and they just found a loophole saying that because he was not a verified buyer (because he used a credit card through paypal) they had to honor the chargeback. Just not fair IMO

quality_sound

I just had a guy in India try the same thing with an iPhone I had on eBay. I made sure he was verified (they can pay however they want, even a CC since that's nothing you have control over), I shipped to his verified address, and kept the shipping documents and receipts. Sure enough, just after the 90 days he tries a chargeback. PP initially put a hold on my account until I submitted all of my documentation. A day or two later they said that even if his CC company honors the chargeback (they shouldn't) they will cover it because I followed PP's rules. I've found that if you follow their guidelines, PP will be very much in your corner. Though it sucks that people that wouldn't try this crap in person will because they think they're anonymous online.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We track every order now because of that guy.

Lesson learned.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You may be able to contact the CC company directly.

Alternatively, you have his shipping address, etc. Take him to small claims court. May not be worth your time, but then again it might be. Also, credit card fraud is a big issue, you could contact the local PD (either local to you, or to him) with relevant details and proof of transaction or the nuclear option report it to the FBI since it seems to be a serial issue: https://tips.fbi.gov/

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was in the middle of an E-tune with him when JJ told me what he did. I cut that shit off immediately and probably left his car in a very undesirable state. At least you can find solace in that. It doesn't help you monetarily but at least his bad karma is kicking in.

It should last another month or so. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hah, should've given him a super lean tune with a boost target of 45psi. Pop goes the weasel.

Probably too vindictive, but still. It woulda been fun to dish it out a bit.