Sti block

stiorbust

Looking for an undamaged sti block for my 08sti. I want to start my own long term engine project. Willing to offer trades or cash
I am super low budget. I.have hockey goalie gear to trade lol or oem sti parts such as tmic, exhaust etc

Grant evohntr Sampson

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have the best machinist when you are ready. He gives me machinists prices and can do everything from Torque plate bore and hone, Surface the deck, Center line hone, clean oil galleys and boil the block and pinning, all for around $600.

Since this is a long term project you can span your costs over time and it won't make that much of an impact. I recommend you try to find a block that is in good shape and still has the stock bore of 99.5mm and the cylinder wall are not badly marred. Then plan to bore and hone to one size bigger pistons (99.75mm) and have the machinist match the bore to the pistons and torque plate bore and hone. This will guaranty no piston slap and a nice tight consistent fit with out compromising recommended clearances.

The key to any successful build is in the machine work!

Oh... and bearings with extra oil clearances to match your oil requirements to the pistons and improve oil delivery to the journals.

stiorbust

Thank you that us awesome advice and def sounds like a plan. I learned how key a good machinest is with my 750hp blower motor in my s-10. It is the diff between life and death of a motor.

Grant evohntr Sampson