STIgurl73's 2011 STI

STIgurl73

Current - 1-13-2011

STOCK!!!
Side Body Molding to help all the dumbass people who can't open a door and hit mine

Mods -1-14-2011

Factory Short Throw
SPT Heat shield

Mods cause I'm a girl and like pretty & loud- 1-14-2011
SPT Battery Hold Down - Blue
SPT Oil Cap - Blue
WANT - BOV 50/50 (I know, no performance add but sounds cool, again its the girl in me, can't help it)

Goals

To make my car faster without breaking my warranty!!!

I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do. I really want to sit down with our local Subie tuner and talk to him and a couple more people. If anyone has suggestions lemme know!!!

jswansti

SPT battery hold down and oil cap were two of my first mods! It's gonna be hard to make it a lot faster while still in warranty unfortunatley. SPT is almost the only additions you can make and stay in warranty. They have a nice cat-back system though!

STIgurl73

I've been meaning to read more about the COBB AccessPort. I'm assuming since you suggested that, it won't break warranty???

STIgurl73

Faster? Straight line or in the corners.

Both? I'm going to try both once both tracks open up. BUT I have no cornering experience. We have a pretty good corner near my house that I've been using. I really want to learn to drive better, start being able to feel the car.

Paul.c

Both? I'm going to try both once both tracks open up. BUT I have no cornering experience. We have a pretty good corner near my house that I've been using. I really want to learn to drive better, start being able to feel the car.

Honestly, I would suggest leaving the car stock. Before bolting on a bunch of mods that cover up mistakes learn how to correct the mistakes. In my book the driver mod is number one. I promise you that your car handles better than people give it credit for. The sti is an amazing car out of the box. Learn how to tame the beast before you go trying to make it better. Just my $.02.

jswansti

It won't break warranty. When you're going to the dealer you can upload your factory tune back to the ECU and removed the Accessport.

Oh yeah. I kinda overlooked the fact that you can reflash it back to the stock tune. I was thinking more of stage 2, etc. Which can still be returned to stock, just not as easily and usually not without notice.

STIgurl73

+1
You can always do some weight reduction in the car too.

EDIT: just to clarify, reduce the weight of the car ITSELF. some of these guys might try to put that one back on me... :p

BAhahahahahaha! So they don't give you hell I'll go into detail.

I'm pretty sure my 123 lbs doesn't affect my car, infact it makes me weigh less than a plain WRX because most guys have 100 lbs on me thus making up for the 100 lb difference that everyone mentions to me! AND me loosing more than 5 lbs would be a bad weight reduction in my car.

Honestly, I would suggest leaving the car stock. Before bolting on a bunch of mods that cover up mistakes learn how to correct the mistakes. In my book the driver mod is number one. I promise you that your car handles better than people give it credit for. The sti is an amazing car out of the box. Learn how to tame the beast before you go trying to make it better. Just my $.02.

I don't plan on doing anything right away, I do want to feel my car the way that it is, learn how it handles corners before any mods. I just want to get an idea from everyone what I can and cannot do to it.

Paul.c

I don't plan on doing anything right away, I do want to feel my car the way that it is, learn how it handles corners before any mods. I just want to get an idea from everyone what I can and cannot do to it.

OK, well in that case. When the time comes for pure performance upgrades I would do Swaybars first. Without endlinks if you're on a budget and with endlinks if you want the full effect. Second would be springs, RCE blacks or yellows. If you just had to have power I would also suggest an accessport.

BadlandsRacer

I'll second Paul's suggestions, but I don't recommend doing sway bars without endlinks. Wait until you can afford to do both simultaneously.

I bent my stock rear endlinks into an L shape with a bigger sway bar. :lol: I don't know if the 2011 would have the same problem, though, with its beefier suspension.

gerwulf

Post up a bunch of pictures of this car of yours. Cobb AP and turbo or cat back exhaust. After you put some miles on the car and get a real feel for it as it sits now. These cars are very good at cornering in the stock configuration, hopefully there is a road course track close to you that you can go to or maybe an Auto cross meet that you can take part in. Find a SCCA group in your area. Once you have mastered the car, go the sway bars and endlinks route and then get used to your car all over again lol

Paul.c

I'll second Paul's suggestions, but I don't recommend doing sway bars without endlinks. Wait until you can afford to do both simultaneously.

I bent my stock rear endlinks into an L shape with a bigger sway bar. :lol: I don't know if the 2011 would have the same problem, though, with its beefier suspension.

Let me change my mind here. IF you are on a budget and need to cut something out or need to do each mod in phases I would suggest front sway bar with endlinks first then rear sway with endlinks. No point really in doing sways without endlinks IMHO.

bugeye_fever

^^ That. Tighten the nut behind the wheel! lol Worst thing I ever did was mod myself into I class that I couldn't compete in. Now I'm on the steep end of the learning curve. But most of all, just drive the thing and have fun! I'm soo jealous, got to sit in an '11 the other day.. if only it had Recaros like the evoX.. take care