Stop me from buying a Ford Fiesta/Focus

Z1107

Its funny you say that, I traded my Taco for my WRX, and reduced my costs by $280 a month. The only reason its not $350 is the fuel costs. I had the 2.7 I4 and was getting up 29 mpg on the hwy but the rex gets 22/23 hwy with the boost at normal, Im hitting 31mpg now with my boost being low, plus the taco doesnt require premium. . I dont think you'll be able to haul 5 people comfortably any of these small cars we have been suggesting so Ill say 4 cylinder camry, fusion, accord, sonata. They all get great fuel mileage and still haul 5 people comfortably.

Do you need 30mpg in the city or highway? Don't forget the importance of resale value. Buying a new car is great in the short run but always is a killer in the long run. This is why I beg you to consider the impact of a new car purchase. If you plan on keeping your next car 5 year then get the fiesta if not then look at a used car.

Paul.c

I do "plan" on keeping it 5+ years. The goal is to be able to put the bumper sticker on it that says "My other car is a ____"

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I do "plan" on keeping it 5+ years. The goal is to be able to put the bumper sticker on it that says "My other car is a ____"

Dildo. :rofl:

Projekt

Dude, buy the fiesta and bling it up a little. I am driving my GF's Fiesta. It does the job just fine and should suit your needs well. Once you get away from the STI you stop mashing the pedal so much and the car does what you need it to. It will be a good choice as fuel efficient cars are really coming into their own on the US car market. I would own one stateside if I was in need of a reliable and efficient little run about. Hauling the bikes out to the trails on a rack would be perfect for it as would some OZ Superleggera wheels and coilovers to tighten things up. Just a thought. ;)

OK in this case I say get the Fiesta if you can get a bad ass deal on financing (like close to 0%). Good financing and the warranty will make it worth it vs a used car.

CAN WE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE autocross it. Like seriously dual driver autocross team style. I think it would help improve our skills greatly. I would love to learn on a car that's more tame than my STI.

Paul.c

Another thing about me is that I am in no way an import fan. The only Japanese cars I like are the high end performance cars. I don't like Honda I don't like Nissan(minus the GTR) I don't like Mitsubishi and honestly Subaru is the only japanese car company that I think I will ever buy again. Toyota(minus the taco) is just the most boring lane car company (IMHO). That is why the Fords are appealing to me, I can have the things that all of these jap cars have had in the past without having to buy import. Plus I think the fiesta is attractive (remember I also think the GR is sexy, and that the Nissan juke is a good looking car).

Another thing about me is that I am in no way an import fan. The only Japanese cars I like are the high end performance cars. I don't like Honda I don't like Nissan(minus the GTR) I don't like Mitsubishi and honestly Subaru is the only japanese car company that I think I will ever buy again. Toyota(minus the taco) is just the most boring lane car company (IMHO). That is why the Fords are appealing to me, I can have the things that all of these jap cars have had in the past without having to buy import. Plus I think the fiesta is attractive (remember I also think the GR is sexy, and that the Nissan juke is a good looking car).

I fucking love the juke.

Get the Fiesta and autocross it. I will get us matching Ford Racing shirts and hats. We will become a DFW autocross sensation.

Paul.c

Sense you already have a mini, buy a fiat 500 Abarth. Hahahahaha

You laugh but I was seriously looking into the abarth. I kinda wanted to be one of the first to autocross one in the DFW area. But I would have to wait for them to release it. If I were in the position to wait then I would probably get the Ford Focus ST or Fiesta ST.

Jared, I think you are starting to get a little excited about this situation.

Also I finally saw a black Fiesta on the highway today and was able to really look at it during traffic, and I must say that I like it even more. Its a sharp little car.

You laugh but I was seriously looking into the abarth. I kinda wanted to be one of the first to autocross one in the DFW area. But I would have to wait for them to release it. If I were in the position to wait then I would probably get the Ford Focus ST or Fiesta ST.

Jared, I think you are starting to get a little excited about this situation.

Also I finally saw a black Fiesta on the highway today and was able to really look at it during traffic, and I must say that I like it even more. Its a sharp little car.

:lol: I've been wanting to autocross a lesser powered car for a long time and my brother wont let me borrow his 95 accord 4cyl. My STI isn't in the condition to race and wont be until next year. A less powerful car allows the driver to push it to the limits with out fear and learn better.

I'm cool if your don't want to autocross your new car or if you don't want to let someone else drive it. I'm just getting autocross withdraw. :D

Paul.c

So I am back looking at Mini coopers again. Tomorrow I am going to go drive the fiesta and the focus then I am going to go drive the Mini Cooper non turbo.