Subaru teasing STI surprise for NYC show?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
AND HERE IT COMES!

subaru-wrx-sti-wing-new-york.jpeg

By Seyth Miersma
Posted Apr 14th 2014 2:15PM

Subaru is no stranger to the Special Edition car, least of all where its vaunted WRX and STI are concerned. From Spec C to Prodrive to 22B, more than a handful of STI's around the world have been released as limited-run editions, often with stirring results. So, while we were more than a little bit surprised to see that big-wing crop up on the Subaru Twitter page today, we can't say as though its not true to the brand's history.

However, while most of the interesting WRX STI variants have been offered to Europe and Japan only, whatever is wearing that carbon-fiber-lipped wing is set to debut at the New York Auto Show this week.

We don't have a clue as to the precise nature of the car in front of that wing, save to say that it's likely based on the STI. We can guess, however that the extra vertical supports and the use of carbon fiber indicate a higher-performance version than currently exists. Anything from a racing application to some new goodies for the aftermarket are in the realm of possibility.

Expect to see Subaru's surprise unveiled at the NYC show on Wednesday. Till then, have fun guessing at what car may be attached to that mighty tail, below.

RELATED GALLERY 2015 Subaru WRX STI: First Drive

AdId=5372620;BnId=1

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Please!!!!!!!!! Post pictures from the event!!!!

CYANiDE

I'll be there Saturday morning. Bought one of those early entry tickets too so I should be able to get some nice pictures.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I can't wait to see what it is. I finally saw my first 2015, and even though it was black and at night, I could already tell I liked it better than the pictures!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We posted the pic on our FB page. Will post it here also.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So then a rally car?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Hmmm..... I was hoping it was a special edition that it would go on sale. To me, that looks like one of the Austrialian V8 race cars from that circuit. I can't remember what their called. I can't wait to see the car in action though

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was very sad and disappointed for Subaru this year. They fell way off with their display and vehicle line-up. The whole presentation was just weak and sad. Mitsubishi was even worse. They didn't even try because all their cars were white and so was the entire display. At least Subaru thought to bring a semi-rally car to the mix.

My personal winners this year was Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge and Mercedes. The corvette line-up was pure ejaculation and the Camaro Z28 is definitely a car I can see myself driving!!! Toyota had the FT-1 and a bunch of race cars and the overall display was good, Dodge and Chrysler had a good line up and a nice display. Nissan had a few concepts and a nice display. Mercedes... Well their just Mercedes. What more can I say?

Pics of the entire thing to follow once I process them all :tup: