The car before the STi and I loved it, was my first nice car

LikaGhst

rollinshot.jpg

My Supercharged C5, would have raped and or pillaged my STI in all performance aspects but broke down every other 100 miles. :shock: That is why I got the Steee, which gave me no issues for 9X,000 k miles.

vetash.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
My first car was a 65 VW bug. It was nice because you could swap a motor 45 minutes. Then there was the 72 Lime Green pinto complete with a fuse in the rear (you old guys will get that) but the first car I owned and loved has to be the 78 TransAm Bandit edition. I could kick myself in the arse for getting rid of it because they're worth big doe now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This is just one of my cars I loved! 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE V-6. ALSO 1000th POST!!!!! WOOOT!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0628.jpg
    100_0628.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

jswansti

First car was a '99 Dodge Durango. I actually did like that car a lot and took care of it as well as my STi or at least most of the time. My first car I loved was a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. Put a full Bassani exhaust on it with other misc goods. I babied the hell out of that one. But I always wanted an STi so when I was able to get one I had to let the Red Dragon go (Mach 1). Fortunately now my brother has it so its still in the family!

Paul.c

My first truck was a 1989 chevy silverado kustom kreations with a taneau cover and running boards that I bought from my grandpa. I loved it. I wish I had a picture of it.

My second truck was a 1997 dodge ram 1500. The pic is not my actual truck but the same color. Mine was 4x4 with a leveling kit and 35" tires.
4cc7fbfc-2347-79ef.jpg

My third was a 1997 jeep wrangler. I did all the work on it myself and I loved this thing a whole lot.
DSC01225-1.jpg

DSC01230-1.jpg

DSC01222-1.jpg

My third was a 2003 jeep wrangler rubicon. I bought it from my dad with all the work already done on it. It lost some sentimental value because I didn't do any work on it. I sold it right before I deployed to Iraq in 2008.
DSC00458-1.jpg

My Iraq vehicle. I maintained this thing better than anything else I had ever owned. It kept me alive. Even though I was the gunner I still did most of the maintenance on it. I even added the racing stripes.
DSC01596-1.jpg

LikaGhst

Sooo Badass a humvee the real thing not those stupid hummers GM made Lol Always loved the rides I got in those until my Dad reitired from the military.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Them are the true hummers!

Paul.c

That hmmwv weighed 9800lbs without the weapon system or any gear. We moved up to an m1151 which weighs 11500 lbs empty. Those things are beasts. Each door weighs about 450 lbs!

l_6dabf1fad1977f4337f9000c5f49fd42.jpg

my talon tsi ... it was evo6 swaped caged dms 40 suspension td06 ebay radiator custom mandrel tbe exhaust dsm link and blah blah blah ... to tell you the truth the only good thing it had was its wide stance and 50/50 torque split... i still feel the 4g63 is the biggest joke on the planet though... oh well i ran it on pikes peak a few years ago and only got up to the tree line around bottom less pit before the bottom end blew up again for the third time

Biggest joke and 4G63 in same sentence? LOL. Don't get me started on the EJ because it has many more short comings than the 4G63. No reason to blame the engine because you were using crappy parts or rolling with a shitty tune. =)

Last edited:
But on the flip side give me 4 grand and I will make 500awhp all day long on the stock block and pump gas reliably. No chance any ej comes close to that without being built.

There are stock block daily driven 4g63s in the 9s in the 1/4 mile. Again, no ej comes close to that without a build.

Not trying to start crap but its just fact 4g63 > almost any production 4 banger when it comes to making powwwwa reliably. To bad it doesn't sound very good doing it.

Anyway, enough of my rant. We are on a Subaru site after all.

Last edited:

jswansti

There are ups and downs to each car. Most people can agree that out the door the EVO engine is better built; whereas the STi tranny is better built. 500awhp on EVO= tranny needs upgrade. 500awhp STi= engine needs to be built. Just putting in my thoughts on the matter.

There are ups and downs to each car. Most people can agree that out the door the EVO engine is better built; whereas the STi tranny is better built. 500awhp on EVO= tranny needs upgrade. 500awhp STi= engine needs to be built. Just putting in my thoughts on the matter.

Exactly, we weren't really compairing cars though. I was just responding to the poster who said the 4g63 is a joke. My point was the ej has many more flaws than the 4g which is true. Just like the evo trans has many more flaws than the stis trans.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Back on topic! LOL!