The friendly ghost- My 2005 AW STi

Casper86

This is my second STi , I bought my first one in 2007, It was totaled in an wreck unfortunately in the spring of 2010. I fell in love with the car in those three years. They are so fun, fast, versatile and tough as nails! I bought my wrecked car from the insurance company for pennies on the dollar and parted it out, thus having a basement full of spare parts ( always a good idea)

I began searching for a another STi of the same year of course. I found this one in L.A. It had 32,000mi, one owner who was in his early 40's. In his local forum he was accused of babying it too much.
BAM ! I was sold! I flew out to L.A, picked it up and drove it 1200mi back to KC.

I haven't done much more to him other than remove the front bottom mesh grill.

I plan on adding an aftermarket turbo and possibly meth or E85. I just haven't decided what route I want to go.
anywho,
meet Casper

ENGINE:
Cobb Accessport V2
Cobb Turbo Heatshield
Greddy EVO2 Exhaust
Invidia Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
Kartboy Exhaust Hangers
NGK IX One Step Colder Plugs
NRG Dual Catch Can with the Freddie Hoses and Mounting Bracket
SPT Air Intake
SPT Air Intake Heatshield
Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
Tein Hood Dampers
Sun Auto Hyper Grounding Kit
Tim Bailey Protune ~ 19PSI
308hp 350ft/lbs @the wheels

SUSPENSION:

JDM S204 Rear Performance Strut Bar
JDM STi Titanium Front Strut Bar
Tein EDFC Controller
Tein Flex 05 Coilovers
STi Replica Rear Strut Bar

BRAKES:
Hawk HPS+ Brake Pads
Motul RBF600 Dot 4 Brake Fluid
SS Braided Brake Lines

INTERIOR:
35% Window Tint All Around
Autospeed Dead Pedal
JDM Automatic Intercooler Switch
JDM Red Hazard Light Switch
JDM Spec C 12L Water Tank for Intercooler
JDM S204 Shifter Trim Surround
JDM STi Titanium Shift Knob

EXTERIOR:
Autospeed STi Front License Plate Delete
DIY Aspen White Subaru Star Front Emblem
DIY Cleared Front Headlights
JDM Fog Lights
JDM Lightweight Front Bumper Beam
JDM Rain Visors
JDM Spec C V-Limited Lip
JDM Repeater Sidemarkers
Prodrive STi WR1 Upper Grill

WHEELS & TIRES:
JDM Bridgestone Potenza RE070 18" 235/40 Tires
JDM Spec C STi Type RA-R Wheels
Muteki Spline Lug Nuts

casper.jpg

casper3007-1.jpg

sti027.jpg

casper3003-1.jpg

caspoer005.jpg

caspoer004.jpg

casper6007.jpg

kkk.jpg

lll.jpg

casper6005.jpg

Last edited:

Casper86

maybe if I had a trailer, the car has 43k miles and being a 2005 im striving to keep it under 50k as long as possible. I may head out to a meet out of state but I will prolly make the journey in my jeep ( my winter/ daily transportation)

Casper86

I might try and get a fly fishing trip in before the end of summer on the frying pan fork , but thats still up in the air.
But Ill keep it in mind , LOL

Casper86

future planned mods:
-FP green HTA turbo
-AMS 700c FMIC
-obviously bigger injectors/ After market fuel rail
-water/meth or E85
-S203 rear spoiler
-WRX side skirts
-RA-R shift knob
-black suede headliner/ dash
-5 point racing harnesses
-defi gauges
-incorporate a tablet into center console as a engine data interface

-

Casper86

You really have my full attention with that. Sounds insane.

i have seen it done on other cars , however despite being 25, Im am technologically impaired, I still use CDs for christ's sake!
Im going to need some help from some of my nerdy friends to complete that project. The APv2 new software provides alot of data which its firmware can be synced up/ matched to the firmware of some todays tablets (according to a techy friend )
however the the most recent firmware of the APV2 doesn't display realtime EGT's which is a pretty good indicator on the "safe-ness" of your motor within certain ranges. Having air/fuel, oil pressure, boost, EGT, and knock detection being displayed at the same time on a tablet in the center console would be quite legit !

I tried something similar to that once actually. I had my Netbook hooked up to my AP while it was in the car. It needs a way to interface with all the monitors and show all the gauges. That would be badass to see. My little bro uses a Vagcom program on a tablet on his Audi S8, but it's not mounted. I am not very tech gifted myself, I am 25 as well, and I have my cd changer loaded W/ AV7X & Lonely island in my sti. I hope you get it running, I wanna see pics. Where would you setup a mount @on the console?

Casper86

I would remove the CD player and HVAC controls, I usually only drive with the windows down, and the car is stored during the winter. I hardly ever use heat/ AC so why have them?? this is my fun car!!!! my jeep serves as my everyday/winter car.

I have seen setups similar to my idea on IWSTi and nasioc, I just need my nerds in India to sync the firmware of the AP with a certain tablet thast will fit egronomically with the dash.

Undecisive

Fujiwara is doing a custom tablet like engine control setup. Talk to him about it, he is the mad scientist of the forum.

Zoltar

Car looks great! AW + JDM fogs...enough said :)

I had toyed with the idea of an in car computer with a touch screen in the dash, but ultimately decided against it. I'll let you know when I post it for sale in case it meets your needs. Can't wait to see what else you do.

Casper86

I really haven't had time to get into doing that, business is booming fortunately! so my time is limited. Giving the car some love this weekend though going to: change spark plugs, replace brake pads on all 4 corners with Hawk performance ceramics, turn the rotors, change brake fluid, change the oil, cleaning/ re oiling the spt air filter, tighten perch collars on the coilovers, clean under carriage/ detail engine bay.
its going to be lots of fun!