The Official Firearms Thread

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Where can I buy their guns?

X-Factor

The military typically uses modified Remington 700s in 308 or 338 lapua, or the Barret .50cal. You can probably buy that, but not sure where. There are other options for civilians if you can't.

X-Factor

What that means, I believe.

No. Sieze the day is Carpe Diem in Latin. Molon Labe is the rough Greek Englishization but it means "Come and get them". Supposedly said by King Leonidas of Sparta when asked to surrender his weapons at Thermopylae.

For an extremely crude understanding of the attitude I carry and wish to cultivate, watch the movie "300" then read the book "Gates of Fire" I believe by Thomas Pressman. Gates of Fire is historical fiction but very close to nonfiction. 300 is hollywoodized glamoir fiction based on a graphic novel based loosely on truth. ;)

Last edited:

STimedic

Just about any gun shop worth it's guns will be able to order you a Barrett .50, just hope you have $5-6k in disposable income laying around. I saw a really nice custom .338L yesterday at the Fay Gun Show, but it was close to $9k.....

My next purchase will more than likely be a KSG. I was also eyeing the bullpup .308 they offer as well yesterday, but if I had the money laying around, it'd than likely go to the cars.

Last edited:

STimedic

My apologies, I didn't see the practical application of a 249. A 40mm G launcher, not so much either. I feel that the time and effort could be somewhat better spent, like if Gino invested the money in his car instead, maybe his fuel table won't divide by zero, laying waste to the entire universe as we know, making your buddies 249 utterly useless. I could see maybe as a conversation piece, but otherwise, no. Once again, purely personal opinion.

Z1107

its cool. i dont see the need for a for 249 also. but everyone has that one thing that they feel they need regardless of what others think. mine is my kayaks.

STimedic

Over $23k in mine and because I'm a stubborn MF with a side of OCD, I can't ignore the mod bug. I do intend upon saving some money in the near future for some nice weapons and my CCW though.

Z1107

when i get my car up to full stage 2(daily driver), im getting my FN2000 and wilson combat 1911. and a gen II ACOG for the FN2000

Dude, I have over 50,000 if not more in that car. I deserve something for me finally.

LOL I love how you're at the point where you view your car as a seperate entity.... I'm that way as well.

Most people would argue that the car/mods is for you... But I'm with you on this. Having a modified Subaru is like having a girlfriend... you don't really own them because they have minds of their own... sometimes they please you but A LOT of the time they just take your money then have an "issue" for up to a week out of the month.

Paul.c

Another reason for a 249, or any ridiculous weapon for that matter, is the first time your daughters boyfriend comes over to visit. Cleaning a rifle or handgun is intimidating but imagine cleaning a fucking 249 or Barrett .50 or a fucking tank!!

STimedic

That's what the sick looking .338L will be for......claiming to be able to shoot the dick off a mosquito or his mosquito dick @ 1km and being able to back that claim up.

Last edited: