The Official Firearms Thread

Z1107

When I was working the jail I was lucky enough to be volunteered to get less lethal weapon certified on a 40mm gas dispersant platform, which meant being exposed to whatever munition it fired, CN, CS, high concentrate OC. That sucked.

Finished my build for my little brother.

-16" 1:7 twist chrome-lined barrel
-mid-length gas system
-FA bolt carrier group
-MOE hand guard
-MOE vertical grip
-MOE carbine but stock
-MBUS rear sight
-Ergo Suregrip
-YHM Phantom flash suppressor

e0a9b8b2.jpg

67d67acb.jpg

Last edited:

Vermont

Screw that! I love my ACOG

Ahhh it's you ok you have a good excuses... after all your light guys are little bit on the :tard: side...

Then again you did your deployments in Afghanistan where the engagement ranges are a hell of a lot farther than in say Sadr City, Baghdad. So an ACOG is rather helpful at say 800meters which is not un-heard off for engagement ranges (hill top to hill top).

Personally I would love to pick me up a m68 CCO but they run on the upper side of $500. Best red dot sight in the world IMO. Tougher than nails and will keep its zero even after rattled around on the inside of a brad. The only time I have ever wanted and ACOG was when we were going a long range marksmen range.... fucking sucked trying to hit targets at 500-700 meters. Up until 500 it's all good but after that it honestly takes me two shots to hit target.... :(

Vermont

Meh... it's expensive but good. Very comparable to the Eotech. Personally both the mars sight and the Eotech are to delicate for my taste.

Vermont

We're talking about AR's.... A fucking $30 red dot site can probably handle more abuse than the rifle. ;)

JK

Owch! honestly though I used to abuse the shit out of my M4 back when I was in. Haven't had a single problem yet with my Bushmaster xm-15 yet.

They're good rifles. I just wouldn't expect it to take the beating my FAL could take (but then again my FAL is all milled steal and weight like 10lbs with a 16" barrell).

I really wish I had a BCM AR. I got a hell of a deal on my bushmaster new and didnt know any better at the time (not even sure if BCM was well known 3 years ago).

I plan on having 8 AR's eventually. :D

Last edited: