The Official Firearms Thread

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
Could be local politics, personal prejudice and politics, or debt risk, but the owner didn't seem to have that issue and because he supposedly got the guy to admit it was the nature of the business, and what, in Chicago area? Not surprising if politics ware involved. have you read the story about the Gibson Guitar company being raided by the US Gov for imports, the exact same imported wood used in Martin guitars? Only difference is Martin contributes to Dems while Gibson to Conservatives...

Could be local politics, personal prejudice and politics, or debt risk, but the owner didn't seem to have that issue and because he supposedly got the guy to admit it was the nature of the business, and what, in Chicago area? Not surprising if politics ware involved. have you read the story about the Gibson Guitar company being raided by the US Gov for imports, the exact same imported wood used in Martin guitars? Only difference is Martin contributes to Dems while Gibson to Conservatives...

Yeah it's all sorts of messed up. Nothing compares to the David Olofson story though. I didn't renew my NRA membership after hearing about it and seeing how they chose to play it safe... AGAIN and sit on their hands. (Not trying to start an NRA debate. I do intend on renewing my membership but at the time I was pissed and tired of the 10 emails a day asking for money while they sit on there hands).

If you have 30 min to kill see below. It's worth spending the time to read, research, and see what happened and get angry about it... in my case very very angry.

Pretty much the ATF put a man in jail when his LEGAL semi auto AR that he had loaned to a friend malfunctioned at the range and fired 3 times. Abuse of the law, paying off of the "friend" who experienced the malfunction to testify against the owner, exclusion of evidence, are all clear as day.

Enjoy:

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Olofson

This is his ACTUAL thread on AR15.com as it was happening (to this date I have never read a thread on any forum that summons the emotion as this one)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_6/507483_.html

A thread on THR covering a lot of what happened

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=375570

A good interview/ telling of the story by one of the court witnesses

http://www.jpfo.org/media-sound/len-savage-2008-07-16.mp3

Z1107

Thinking of buying a Savage .223 bolt action rifle being sold at walmart for $257. Having coyote problems on the back pasture and a .308 is overkill while .22lr lacks the range.

!WARNING! This poster is not liable for any person being butthurt by comments. Protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act for being somewhat retarded! ;)

Z1107

Funny thing is I have 300 rds of .223 at the house already. I bought a S&W M&P 15 last year that was marked as a 5.56 but turned out to be 5.45 so had to return it and kept the ammo. Fuckers tried charging me $85 more for the correct model after they realized the foul up. I have like 20 stanag mags at the house with no weapon for them.

!WARNING! This poster is not liable for any person being butthurt by comments. Protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act for being somewhat retarded! ;)

XxNitr0xX

Finished building my lower, going to remove the colored letters on the magwell, I just wanted to try something different. Going to order a 14.5" pinned BCM upper soon. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow, i deleted it off my phone.

Spike's stripped lower
RRA lower parts kit
RRA 2 stage National Match trigger
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul CTR stock

Sent from my Samsung GS2 E4GT via Tapatalk 2.

Funny thing is I have 300 rds of .223 at the house already. I bought a S&W M&P 15 last year that was marked as a 5.56 but turned out to be 5.45 so had to return it and kept the ammo. Fuckers tried charging me $85 more for the correct model after they realized the foul up. I have like 20 stanag mags at the house with no weapon for them.

You can build one for less than $600 that'll be on par with the the smith's and bushmasters. I built one for my little brother that was $$720 after upgrading the stock, pistol grip, forearm, flash hider, and adding a VFG. It's also a midlength gas system which is better than the carbine systems found on almost all sub $1000 AR's.

Finished building my lower, going to remove the colored letters on the magwell, I just wanted to try something different. Going to order a 14.5" pinned BCM upper soon. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow, i deleted it off my phone.

Spike's stripped lower
RRA lower parts kit
RRA 2 stage National Match trigger
Magpul MOE+ grip
Magpul CTR stock

Sent from my Samsung GS2 E4GT via Tapatalk 2.

Nice!

XxNitr0xX

Picture of said build, so far...

542933_10151027021114809_974020271_n.jpg

XxNitr0xX

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm going to get rid of the white/red combo lettering oin the magwell, I think it's a little too much.

Here's a short video from the other night of my USP tactical .45 suppressed. Make sure you put it in 1080p! Sorry for clearing my throat, but I guess it gives something to compare the volume of the suppressor with, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Anyone have a good source for ordering .223 REM/5.56mm NATO ammunition?

I bought a Ruger Mini-14 a few months ago and need to stock up on ammo, I hardly
have any right now.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That all depends on the price. Before ammo seemed to disappear from store shelves, you used to
be able to get 1000 rounds of FMJ for ~$300. I know those days are gone for a while though.
The only exception I have is, I don't want to shoot that shitty, steel cased, TULAMMO Russian crap
because the steel cases mar the breach and the powder is super dirty and corrosive.
I'd like to get 1000 rounds, but I don't know if I can find or afford it right now.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, we haven't bumped this thread in quite some time. Over the last year, I have put an ATI side-folding,
collapsible stock, that I painted myself with multiple coats of Krylon Fusion, on the Mini-14. I also recently
mounted a scope and bought both a 3 point and a single point sling. I think I like the single point better. On
the lower picatinny rail, I added a foregrip with a built in, spring loaded bipod.

Just yesterday, I picked up a brand new FNX-9 9mm, with three factory 17-round magazines. It's a sweet piece.
I almost managed to get a month of free range time with it, so I'm gonna be running some lead through it very soon.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/handguns/fnx-series/

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Bumpity Bump! Have any of you guys been slinging some hot lead lately? Spamby, where you at?! I'll bet you've been out shooting.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Havent been out lately but i have a cz 75 p07 heavy duty