The Official Firearms Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Will do. Though my Ruger doesn't look anything like it did stock, I will try to find a comparable pic.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How do you like the fnx???

That ruger looks badass lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
One of these days, I'll have to post of pic of my actual Ruger. It is pretty badass. The foregrip I have installed has a spring loaded bipod inside of it. :cool: I really like the FNX so far, though I haven't shot more than a few rounds through it yet. This weekend, I'm taking it to the range. I got a month of free range time starting on the 16th, at my local indoor range. The recoil seems pretty light, which for a 9mm, isn't a problem anyway...but it seems even lighter. Apparently, in this design, the slide has to move almost twice as far backwards to unlock the barrel and eject the casing, as other comparable pistols. Being that it's a recoil-operated pistol, this absorbs a ton of felt recoil, making it easier to get back on your target before firing the next round.

With 17+1 rounds of jacketed hollow point ammo loaded up, I don't think anyone is going to make it much past the door if they try breaking in...and if they do, I will have made it to the Ruger by then, in which case someone had better call 911 to have the meat wagon head out here to pick up the bodies. :tard:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews...me-to-dial-911”-215231522.html?.tsrc=operaweb

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive only shot a few 9mm that ive actually liked. My p7 and my friends xd9

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The XD-9 is a very nice gun as well, based on the Croatian National Service Pistol design. I wasn't always a fan of the 9mm
cartridge, but with quality ammunition and proper shot placement, it's just as deadly as a .45 acp as far as I'm concerned.
Plus, ammo capacity is generally much better than a .45acp (though the FNX-45 holds 15+1) and sometimes more accurate.
Back when I was on sea duty, I won the Pearl Harbor Surface Line Week 9mm competition with a Beretta M9 (Model 92FS),
so I'm pretty confident in my shot placement.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The XD-9 is a very nice gun as well, based on the Croatian National Service Pistol design. I wasn't always a fan of the 9mm
cartridge, but with quality ammunition and proper shot placement, it's just as deadly as a .45 acp as far as I'm concerned.
Plus, ammo capacity is generally much better than a .45acp (though the FNX-45 holds 15+1) and sometimes more accurate.
Back when I was on sea duty, I won the Pearl Harbor Surface Line Week 9mm competition with a Beretta M9 (Model 92FS),
so I'm pretty confident in my shot placement.

Damn nice shit!!! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Thanks. It sounds impressive I guess, but honestly it didn't seem that difficult. It
went 3 rounds because multiple sailors shot 50/50 in the 1st and 2nd rounds. The targets
were life size, torso silhouette targets, on moving posts. Some just flipped up from the
ground, while others flipped up and then started moving back and forth. All you had to
do for a point was just hit the damn thing....anywhere....at 15 yards. Targets stayed in
the up position for 3-5 seconds. It was super easy to hit them all until you had to reload,
in which case you had to reload VERY FAST. I managed 3 rounds of 50/50 with the 2nd
and 3rd place winners shooting 49/50 and 48/50 in the final round.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The way you say it... It sounds really easy... Was it THAT easy???

Ive never practiced fast reloading.. Does that take some getting used to?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It wasn't super easy, but I expected it to be more difficult. It was really more about timing. If you kept a good pace,
and didn't f-up your reloads, you would shoot at least 47/50. I carried the M9 every week, and at the competition
had the same guard belt and magazine pouches, so I was very familiar with handling and reloading that weapon. I
shoot right handed and have my mag pouches just left of my belt buckle, inserted upside down so I didn't have to
fumble with them to insert them the right way into the mag well. If you do it the same way every time and practice
reloads, it gets very repeatable. Get 3 mags, and load them each with 2 rounds. Draw quickly while removing the safe,
fire 2 rounds, drop mag, reload, fire 2 rounds, drop mag, reload....repeat. Very good drill.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I will def take extra time nect time i go to the range and try the drill out. Sounds like great practice!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
When you've got it down solid, you should be able to fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds in about 4 seconds. Practice this at 3-7 yards until you get the muscle memory down because to do it, you are essentially double tapping the target with 2 rounds in about 1 second...giving you about 2 seconds in between to reload.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
When you've got it down solid, you should be able to fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds in about 4 seconds. Practice this at 3-7 yards until you get the muscle memory down because to do it, you are essentially double tapping the target with 2 rounds in about 1 second...giving you about 2 seconds in between to reload.

Ok. I also have another question for you.

Have you shot the normal version of a gun and then the competition version of it?

Im curious if the difference is immense.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There are a couple differences between the Beretta M9 and Beretta 92FS, though they are very small
changes. The M9 (military model) has a slightly different sight and the magazine well is a tiny bit narrower
at the top of the grip, making it easier to fire one-handed as you can get more of your hand on the grips.
The 92FS is just the civilian model. Honestly, unless I have the two guns side-by-side to compare, I can't
easily tell the difference (besides the stamp on the side of course).

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
.357 sig is my favorite round at the moment.

No shooting lately but I did get some big dot glow sights for my Glock 33

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pics of the .357 please

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I looked at .357 SIG for a while. I decided to stay with either 9mm or .45 ACP for the sake of finding ammunition easily in the event of a major shortage or a civil war. :lol:
The ballistics look good on the SIG though.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I looked at .357 SIG for a while. I decided to stay with either 9mm or .45 ACP for the sake of finding ammunition easily in the event of a major shortage or a civil war. :lol:
The ballistics look good on the SIG though.

Man you should be already hoarding as of a year ago! :lol: