The Official Firearms Thread

XxNitr0xX

I'm currently in the process of building my personal first AR. Just got my Spike's Tactical lower. Next up the Spike's enhanced parts kit, most likely a BCM upper 14.5'' with a pinned battle comp or similar flash hider to make it a non-NFA length. Later on I'll probably ending up going with the Aimpoint PRO

Plenty of other firearms though. Glock 17, H&K USP .45 Tactical with a Gemtech Blackside suppressor, Sig P228, Bushmaster XM15 AR, Norinco MAK-90, Beretta 92fs, Ruger SP101, Smith & Wesson .357 Ruger Mark II Amphibious suppressed .22, Remington 700 PSS with Leupold Mark II scope, Remington 870 express Tactical decked out, Tec-9..couple others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Vermont

I'm currently in the process of building my personal first AR. Just got my Spike's Tactical lower. Next up the Spike's enhanced parts kit, most likely a BCM upper 14.5'' with a pinned battle comp or similar flash hider to make it a non-NFA length. Later on I'll probably ending up going with the Aimpoint PRO

Plenty of other firearms though. Glock 17, H&K USP .45 Tactical with a Gemtech Blackside suppressor, Sig P228, Bushmaster XM15 AR, Norinco MA-90, Beretta 92fs, Ruger SP101, Smith & Wesson .357 Ruger Mark II Amphibious suppressed .22, Remington 700 SPS Police with Leupold Mark II scope, Remington 870 express Tactical decked out, Tec-9..couple others I can't think of off the top of my head.

How do you like your bushmaster XM-15? I have the same one the xm-15 e2-s I think it is. Personally I have so far have nothing but good things to say about it my self.

XxNitr0xX

I have only shot it 1 time now, but that's all it took for me to want to build my own. I like it a lot. It's my dads, really. That's another reason I'm building my own. I just want mine to be modern and decked out with accessories. His is more the retro XM177 style.

Last edited:

Plenty of other firearms though. Glock 17, H&K USP .45 Tactical with a Gemtech Blackside suppressor, Sig P228, Bushmaster XM15 AR, Norinco MAK-90, Beretta 92fs, Ruger SP101, Smith & Wesson .357 Ruger Mark II Amphibious suppressed .22, Remington 700 SPS Police with Leupold Mark II scope, Remington 870 express Tactical decked out, Tec-9..couple others I can't think of off the top of my head.

BCM FTW! My next carbine will be from them. I have a bushy XM-15. Its great but they no longer are the best quality for the money. BCM is as good as it gets and about the same price.

Also (for those of you with a decent amount of money in guns) I spent 5 hours last week cataloging, photographing, organizing, and labeling all my gun stuff. I also researched the best insurance for firearms. After a few hours of looking I went with collectinsure.com. A $17k policy was $110. This covers the guns them self, all the mags and accessories, and even ammo. NO other company has that much coverage. They don't require a list of what guns you have or photos either upfront (they obviously will need proof of ownership and items if it gets stolen or destroyed). $110 a year is also almost half what the NRA program costs and covers more.

http://www.collectinsure.com/

Last edited:

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
BATF APPROVED conversion kits for AR-15's & AK-47's to Full Auto

Hey Guys, I do a website for a friend of mine who owns a gun store in PA, and they started carrying a new product by Slide Fire Solutions that converts semi-auto AR-15's and AK-47's to fully automatic weapons. The thing is BATF approved! And it can ship anywhere in the country. I was surprised that it was legal and that Eric Holder let if get through the BATF!
http://www.usedgunspa.com/store/products/ssar15-sbs/

He has them with free shipping. I hear that accuracy on full auto isn't as great as semi, but sounds like a lot of fun.

Jeff

Thanks for the link BAD. It's almost time for me to renew my coverage.

No problem. :tup:

Hey Guys, I do a website for a friend of mine who owns a gun store in PA, and they started carrying a new product by Slide Fire Solutions that converts semi-auto AR-15's and AK-47's to fully automatic weapons. The thing is BATF approved! And it can ship anywhere in the country. I was surprised that it was legal and that Eric Holder let if get through the BATF!
http://www.usedgunspa.com/store/products/ssar15-sbs/

He has them with free shipping. I hear that accuracy on full auto isn't as great as semi, but sounds like a lot of fun.

Jeff

I've seen those. They are pretty cool. If I had land to shoot on I'd consider getting one to play with. :D

Those slide fire stocks are pretty cool.

Jared can I steal one of your guns if I pay your premium?

LOL no.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Probably been said before, but the Desert Eagle is probably the most useless hand gun ever.

Unless you're filming a movie and want someone to look 'badass' (like Bullet Tooth Tony in Snatch)

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
Hey Guys, Just want you to know that I do a website for a gunstore owner, who is a friend of mine, called UsedGunsPA.com. They buy used guns AND they treat ladies RIGHT. Plus their prices are usually the lowest on Davidson's Guns and beat most folks around. If you live in Wester Pa, they are worth the trip. You might call them before you go, if you are interested in a particular new/used gun to see if it is stock. But they can order just about anything and are an authorized Glock dealer.
They were an underwriter for an NRA charity event called the Freedom Foundation here in Butler, PA. They are located near N. Castle. Got my Stag AR-15 and my Sig P238 from them.

BTW, they also sell this kit that converts a semi-auto AR-15 to full auto. BATF approved... Something for those who want to waste ammo :)

Last edited:
I heard about the McMillan thing. From my personal experience as someone who works for a large bank (not BOA), I'm thinking it's not a corporate policy/ upper level management decision but something that was done on the regional level. The size of McMillan as a company places its banking account management at a level that would be controlled by a more local level than say Smith or a larger manufacturer. As large as BOA is McMillan cannot be the only firearm related company they do business with. I'm not excusing this situation with McMillan (its absolutely unacceptable), I'm just saying I have a hard time believing that BOA at an upper corporate level has made the decision to stop doing business with firearm manufactures. The retail and small/ medium business banking industry is extremely competitive. I think there's more to this story.