The Official Firearms Thread

bugeye_fever

But I think I'd get a .338 simply because of the ammo availability.

Lol, you guys got waaaay to much money to spend! My personal collection:

4" XD service model in .45 (hence the license plate)
Winchester M70 Stealth .308 w/ Leupold VX-3 8.5-25x50 LR
Old browning BL-22 for plinking fun!

And some passed on from my grandfathers:
1903 Springfield
Winchester Model 12 12 gauge, 3" magnum chamber, They sure don't make them like they used to.

Does anybody compete in any IDPA, USPSA, or 3 gun?

Fear the old guy with one gun, he surely knows how to use it!

frankensubie

Lol, you guys got waaaay to much money to spend! My personal collection:

4" XD service model in .45 (hence the license plate)
Winchester M70 Stealth .308 w/ Leupold VX-3 8.5-25x50 LR
Old browning BL-22 for plinking fun!

And some passed on from my grandfathers:
1903 Springfield
Winchester Model 12 12 gauge, 3" magnum chamber, They sure don't make them like they used to.

Does anybody compete in any IDPA, USPSA, or 3 gun?

Fear the old guy with one gun, he surely knows how to use it!
there's a couple ranges around that do 3 gun...crosse creek rifle and pistol club does three guns once a month...it's like every third sunday and it's a pretty nice range....3 cqb size bays on one range and a 0 to 300 yard rifle bay and another range that goes from 7 yards to 200...the matches are open to the public but it's a private club

I've been wanting to get into some type of shooting that relies on point shooting. I can point shoot almost as accurately as I can if I were to use the sights for 2-3 seconds with most of my pistols... But because I'm lazy I don't want to do anything that requires me running around... or even moving.

I think I'm going to find a friend with a bunch of land, set up squirrel traps, then release 9-10 squirrels into one tree at the same time.

I'll then sit in a lawn chair with my CZ-SP01 and have at it. :lol:

bugeye_fever

Lol, I don't think you run much in IDPA, my dad's 57 and he shoots it. You don't have to run fast if you put them all in the middle. Then again he's been shooting NRA conventional pistol since before I was born, so he's got alot of practice with that part, lol.

Undecisive

i want one... but im going to be working on getting a class 2 permit so i can buy the SR-25 (XM110) sniper rifle. It's the one im shooting on my facebook.

Z1107

I thought the only rounds you could get for those are signal flares. Here in Ga you have to be a police dept. to get anything else for those launchers.

i want one... but im going to be working on getting a class 2 permit so i can buy the SR-25 (XM110) sniper rifle. It's the one im shooting on my facebook.

Why would you need to do anything special for an SR-25? Its a semi auto 7.62.... I'm confused...

Regardless you should look long and hard at an LR-308. Much cheaper and crazy accurate.

images

Undecisive

you need a class 2 permit for a supressor. and If i'm buying an SR25 im rocking a supressor like an asshole :D I just like shooting without my peltors on.

Undecisive

yeah supressors are the way to go. Why would I want a loud gun... and Gino, you should register it as a DD so we can shoot some HE grenades through it bwahaha

frankensubie

I would have to have it bored out to 40mm for HE and its a form 4 for every round I get.

BAD: Im gonna get into making my own rounds as soon as I register it a DD.
just no firing CS at the shop :shock: but you're welcome to at the upcoming meet at hooters as far as i'm concerned :tard:

STimedic

Won't be out to assist in the Hooters meet/disruption....... A/MT/CE on the 23rd. Maybe I can just slip my way there...

frankensubie

Lets not talk like that.
typed with a certain amount of sarcasm/fun...i would never condone gassing a bunch of unsuspecting civilian types who've never been exposed to fun stuff like CS :lol:
have a fun visual of people running around with drool and snot oozing from every pore whining for mama to rescue them

Last edited: