The Official Food, Cooking & Gardening Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thin sliced, panko crusted veal, garnished with marscapone and red pepper pesto, homemade bowtie pasta carbonara and roasted roma tomatoes.

9394c0f1b19ebf9d53f29b052fcf7b17.jpg

This is easily the best thing I've made all year. It may actually unseat our current favorite homemade meal. It was unbelievable.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I think we need to do an anual IGOTASTI meet and grill! :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Damn squash vine borers killed my @#$%ing zucchini plant. Completely gutted it. Sons of bitches.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

It's hard to say. In the last couple years, I've had other plants fail to produce peppers with much heat. This summer however, the jalapenos that are planted right next to this ghost pepper plant are verrrrry hot for jalapenos. So, assuming that this plant is producing as well as the jalapenos, these ghost peppers could be in upwards of 1,000,000 Scoville Heat Units. (Jalapenos come in around 10,000 SHUs)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Thai Hot Bird Chili (Philippine Cultivar)
cde66e95fcde4a9fa1991fa223c48401.jpg

Bagels and cream cheese with fresh pepper slices.
3f6da9d3f44d55140c32c0181df3786c.jpg

The bagel of death.
c0f0b4540663581478704ea8607ede12.jpg

Last night's harvest.
5e975cdfd779b8fef0725228dc72d94d.jpg

The fiery ghost and thai peppers.
51c8c08a544ff9503052678c52beb224.jpg

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My stomach is on fiiiiiiiire. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I've definitely reached my limit for the day. Any more and my insides might liquify and catch fire. :lol:

Skirt steak with homemade chimichurri and a side of roasted cauliflower containing garlic and bacon.

6c36ca02e961b7e4dce98ac878f4c987.jpg

96bad619cc246a3700e9c20c0d744362.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I had no idea that I was going to get enough food to feed three people! I will have leftovers for a couple days from this. It wasn't quite as good as Okonomiyaki, but close, and very good in it's own right. About $15.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Skirt steak with homemade chimichurri and a side of roasted cauliflower containing garlic and bacon.

Ooooooooh chimichurri...how I love thee!!! :tard:

The steak looks perfectly cooked too!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Frankly, the ghost peppers are completely insane. I eat hot stuff literally everyday, and I can't handle more than 1/4 of a pepper per day. Even then, I end up with digestive problems for at least 24 hours. Nothing else on earth wrecks me like that. I think I will utilize them in some different sauces. Something like 1 pepper per gallon of sauce.

The (Philippine cultivar) Thai Hot peppers I am growing are quite hot, but not so bad that you can't handle it. I sometimes eat them fresh and more or less whole. Their flavor is great and is used in many countries to make Sambal sauces. I highly recommend trying them if you are so inclined.

I suppose I could use some of my dozens of jalapenos and maybe some thai's to make some chimichurri. I wonder if I reserved some of the ghost pepper seeds, dried and crushed them, if that would be good for chimichurri.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Every time I come read this thread, I salivate! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I woke up this morning to find that my (striped heirloom) tomato plant had fallen over. The damn thing is about 7' tall and so heavy that it actually bent the metal tomato cage until it collapsed. I had to get Jen out in the backyard with me to help hold the plant up while I tied it and the damaged cage to multiple points in the fence. I hope I'm not going to have huge dead spots on the plant now from whatever damage may have already occurred. The tomatoes hanging on the plant need to hurry up and ripen so I can pick them and remove 10 lbs of weight from the plant. Seriously...these tomatoes get huge.

The striped variety in the foreground is the type I'm growing this year.
Mr-Stripey-Tomato.jpg

Grilled sliced pork loin with chimichurri and green beans with a garlic, olive oil, white wine vinaigrette

02cc9382a36ee3d7cd43a9186f6a1280.jpg

1a133cca82aa46003baf31ef2bd1bf3e.jpg

Some fusion cooking i made some potatoes pancakes from potatoes O'Brien and then chopped some kim chi and mixed with my left over Costa Rican cabbage salad with a few other ingredients and made cabbage pancakes as well.