The Post Whore Thread!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You guys ever slice up a zucchini real thin and pan saute the pieces? I do them in a little olive oil, butter, garlic, onions, etc. They come out kinda like potato chips. Omg...I'd rather have those than a cookie anyday.

Uh, no. But I will soon! That sounds tasty.
I usually steam them with garlic and onions but I'm gonna give that a try. Be a great addition to a filet or fish.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
They are so damn good. I actually could make a how-to...lol I cook a lot. I grow zucchini, among other things, in my vegetable garden in my gf's back yard. You can get them at any grocery store though.

I peal the outside skin off with a potato peeler, though this is not absolutely necessary.

Next, slice the zucchini up into round pieces like potato chips, about 1/4" thick.

This part is optional: press slices into a plate of panko bread crumbs until they are nicely crusted. (I don't do this very often, but it is good.)

Heat up a saute pan and add your choice cooking oil. I use grilling olive oil and a 1" cube of butter. Do not use virgin olive oils, the smoking point of the oil is too low. Canola oil for example is good.

I season my slices with garlic powder, minced onions, sea salt and coarse ground black pepper.

The oil and butter shouldn't be deep in the pan, just enough to coat the bottom so nothing sticks.

Cook the slices till each side is golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool. Some people like to dip them in things like ranch dressing but I like them just the way they are and sometimes I dip them in the pan oil/butter.

Any questions? Maybe if I make some later I'll take pics for you guys.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Friend of mine makes a cauliflower pizza crust that I have yet to try. He says its killer.

That sounds rather interesting.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Do you deliver? I'm hungry.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
They are so damn good. I actually could make a how-to...lol I cook a lot. I grow zucchini, among other things, in my vegetable garden in my gf's back yard. You can get them at any grocery store though.

I peal the outside skin off with a potato peeler, though this is not absolutely necessary.

Next, slice the zucchini up into round pieces like potato chips, about 1/4" thick.

This part is optional: press slices into a plate of panko bread crumbs until they are nicely crusted. (I don't do this very often, but it is good.)

Heat up a saute pan and add your choice cooking oil. I use grilling olive oil and a 1" cube of butter. Do not use virgin olive oils, the smoking point of the oil is too low. Canola oil for example is good.

I season my slices with garlic powder, minced onions, sea salt and coarse ground black pepper.

The oil and butter shouldn't be deep in the pan, just enough to coat the bottom so nothing sticks.

Cook the slices till each side is golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool. Some people like to dip them in things like ranch dressing but I like them just the way they are and sometimes I dip them in the pan oil/butter.

Any questions? Maybe if I make some later I'll take pics for you guys.

Pictures for sure!!! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Here's some pics!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376265916198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376265916198.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376265931743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376265931743.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376265952271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376265952271.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376265976086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376265976086.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376265989955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376265989955.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 59

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I poured the whole pan, juice and all onto the plate while hot and sprinkled on some shredded parmesan asiago cheese to finish it off.

Mmmmmmmm...it was great.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh man I'm banning you for not asking me for some.

Bye bye!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Omg im making some tomorrow!!!!! Thanks for the pics! Im drooling! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So i did a quick inspection under the car today and my rear end links are bent.... What does this mean and how does it happen?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Your driving it to hard. :rofl:

SLOW DOWN!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That would do it.

:lol:

Looks like im going to autozone tomorrow to buy new ones. I have whiteline rear end links but the cocksucker who sent them to me never told me one wasnt completely in tact....

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I doubt them will hold up to your abuse, lol.