The Post Whore Thread!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Thinking I will try them. They are on the list. S04, re760 and comp-2.
My size would be about 680 for a set in any of those three.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Comp-2? Never came across the name. Lets take a look....re760 dropped price?! Only $500 a set now!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
$400.... For comp-2???!!!!!! How do you compare them to re760?!?!??

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Star specs, AD08 or re11 would be the ultimate but I'm not dropping that kinda cash for a daily tire.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn those last 3 are up there. How much do drag radials cost?

Back to the comp-2! How would you say they stack up to the re760 for being $100 cheaper?! ($400 is hell of a damn bargain man!)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Eh for $100... I will have my next tire be the comp-2 then.

Real quick... My car grinds reverse... Not every time. If im still it grinds. If im slightly rolling it doesnt. It doesnt grind whn car is warming up. Was cruising for about 2 hours. Then it grinded. It doesnt make sense... Wtf is causing the grind?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Reverse is a straight cut gear, no synchros so it's not uncommon to have an occasional grind. Especially when going directly from neutral to reverse.
If everything else works properly I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Reverse is a straight cut gear, no synchros so it's not uncommon to have an occasional grind. Especially when going directly from neutral to reverse.
If everything else works properly I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on it.

I did not know this... So what do you recommend in order to keep that shit to a minimum? People stare at me like i just killed someone! :lol:

(Like the rolling into reverse doesnt grind)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I did not know this... So what do you recommend in order to keep that shit to a minimum? People stare at me like i just killed someone! :lol:

(Like the rolling into reverse doesnt grind)

Next time it happens and people stare, just fall out of the car screaming that your eyeballs are on fire.

Double clutch it or go from a forward gear, like first, and then hit reverse. Or if it is really a pain you can try to feather the clutch while trying to put it in gear at the same time.

Since day one of driving a stick and since I have driven some really mean and bitchy transmissions over the years, I have always gotten into the habit of moving from a forward gear to reverse and it seams to make the grinding issue almost non existent.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I woll try first and then reverse today! :ty:

It didnt happen as frequent in the first 2 years if car ownership... So i wasnt sure if something was going.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
There could be something wrong but if your not experiencing any other problems I would just attribute it to being what it is.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
There could be something wrong but if your not experiencing any other problems I would just attribute it to being what it is.

We will see how first to reverse alleviates the situation! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Someone help me understand this picture:

What i see is:
A legacy with an sti side decal and nissan brakes....
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] hey so more on the reverse issue. First to reverse doesnt work. Still grinds. However.... If the car is off and i put it in reverse it goes in without any issues. So im just gonna start the car in reverse from now on. Unless im already driving and i have to reverse of course.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Someone help me understand this picture:

What i see is:
A legacy with an sti side decal and nissan brakes....
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] hey so more on the reverse issue. First to reverse doesnt work. Still grinds. However.... If the car is off and i put it in reverse it goes in without any issues. So im just gonna start the car in reverse from now on. Unless im already driving and i have to reverse of course.

Then you may have an issue. Maybe a tooth on the gear or slider is chipped or boogered.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Let me know what you find out

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So then its the trans fluid.... So soon... Theres only about 15k miles wtf...

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I wouldn't say that it's the fluid. Synchros go bad. Seems the earlier gens have synchro issues to begin with.