Ticking sound?

Slacker

Hello all!

I have a ticking sound in my clutch petal. i can feel it as well. sounds like a steel ball bouncing on concret. tick...tick tick tick. it starts slow the does it about 3 to 5 times then stops. my first thought is the throw out bearing going. any other suggestions?

thanks for your time.

Slacker

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Think you can get us a video or an audio file?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Does it happen when you are on the clutch or off or all the time?

Slacker

It happens just when im onthe clutch. I also noticed it does it when the car is off aw well. got in it and pushed the cluch in to start it and it made the noice and felt the clicking. thinking maybe its just the spring.

iduno if this is applicable, but my 2015 STi has 3 clicks when pressing down the pedal. Mines only 2 months old, stock clutch.
Only recently noticed when I pressed it in when the car was off just setting it in gear to park. Now I notice it all the time lols.

Boy do I miss having a stage 2 clutch. I'm burning it up by just backing up in reverse lols.
Last car, stock and stage two never had this clicking sound though. Probably just the pedal setup.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It happens just when im onthe clutch. I also noticed it does it when the car is off aw well. got in it and pushed the cluch in to start it and it made the noice and felt the clicking. thinking maybe its just the spring.

So it does it when the car is off?

It is in the peddle or one of the mechanisms in the assembly. I would suggest you have someone press the peddle while you listen for the noise. It could be that something just needs lubricating and it could be the clutch fork or the master or slave cylinder or the peddle hinge.

Is this what your ticking/clicking that your describing @Slacker ? Or yours is completely different?
Hope I did this post right or is there a better way? photobucket video.

sacnvz

iduno if this is applicable, but my 2015 STi has 3 clicks when pressing down the pedal. Mines only 2 months old, stock clutch.
Only recently noticed when I pressed it in when the car was off just setting it in gear to park. Now I notice it all the time lols.

Boy do I miss having a stage 2 clutch. I'm burning it up by just backing up in reverse lols.
Last car, stock and stage two never had this clicking sound though. Probably just the pedal setup.

After installing the group N trans mount on my 15, going reverse is much easier. Engages instantly, barely lifting the clutch.

No ticking on my 15' clutch peddle. Sounds like you just need some WD40. lol

After installing the group N trans mount on my 15, going reverse is much easier. Engages instantly, barely lifting the clutch.

No ticking on my 15' clutch peddle. Sounds like you just need some WD40. lol

Did you keep your hill assist on or off? Sometimes I find myself struggling because it's on lol :rofl:

sacnvz

hill assist is always on. kind of annoying but when I get in the car I forget to do the sequence to turn it off. so I just live with it. I know what you mean though. sometimes I'll be at a stoplight where you would think the road is level and the hill assist prevents you from taking off. then you look dumb revving up your engine.