too much blowby ?

finallymysti

so i got this much blowby from my catchcan attached to the crankcase in 2, 15 min, road course sessions, and a 1 and a half hour highway drive home. seems a bit much too me. opinions?

IMG_2558.JPG

The reason I ask is the catch can fill up with some water as well on short trips in the cold which will make it look like grease that comes off hamburger meat when you cook it

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah I think it might be a bit much. do

Do a compression test for starters to see where you stand

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay that's not horrible. How is your oil consumption during normal every day driving? How many miles on the motor?

I would just keep an eye on oil levels and monitor knock and you should be ok. The good thing about this is you do have a catch can and it seems to be doing its job. :tup:

finallymysti

93k on the motor. the car doesn't see much every day normal driving. its a track car so its life is pretty much sit in the garage for a week or to. then get trailered to the track. beat on all weekend. then mid week i'll drive it to my friends shop a mile down the road for maintenance. so i'm not to sure about oil consumption rates. i'll keep an eye on it. i usually check the oil and fill as required during lunch time at the track. i haven't seen any knock except for a random one whille on the highway.