GR Tyler's 2010 AW STI SE: Stage 2 and counting!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah get me a picture so I can see what's going on with it.

06STI360

Im uploading them right now, its hart to see in the day time but I got a few good ones. My email host takes forever to send attachments, not to mention my cell phone takes massive pictures.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You need to keep a album online also so we can see the changes and things your doing.

06STI360

I was just gonna post pics in here when I do new stuff, how do I make an album? I have a imageshack thing if thats what your talking about.

06STI360

Yeah I will log my IDC's tonight lol, I don't feel like I drive the car near hard enough to worry about it but its good to know everything is running properly. Sorry to hear about your motor! I bought a set of HID's for 60 bucks, they have a lifetime warranty and are crazy crazy bright. The foggyness goes around where the light beam is, almost like the heat from the light makes it go away so it doesn't affect light output but I am OCD when it comes to stuff like that.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tyler my bad, you have to have a membership to have a album. If you go to my profile you can see the albums I have. It means you can save the pictures right on the site for easy access. Sorry my bad, lol!

06STI360

No its a bulb swap, and a ballast. The ones I got were plug and play but I opted to cut the connectors off and direct wire them. I can send you a linkey for the webiste if you want. The place is local but I think they ship stuff out. Their customer service is terrible but they are the only ones that offer lifetime warrantys that arent $300+ Anyway, here are some pictures of the foggyness..

Good side for refrence:
good1o.jpg

And a few angles of the bad one:
bad3.jpg

bad2.jpg

bad1kz.jpg

You can only see it where the hi-beam shines on it but it wraps around the bottom of the lens, the heat seams to keep it away from the low beam and turn signal.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tyler it almost looks like a heat fade to me. What that means is it got to hot in there and burned the inside surface. Thats not right, I wonder if SOA would cover it cause it's not right at all.

06STI360

I was wondering the same thing, but those HID bulbs are supposed to run cooler than Incandesent bulbs and it doens't make sense why one would do it and the other wouldn't? I doubt I would get any coverage since they are aftermarket.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Here's what I would do. Switch it back and take it back for warranty coverage. I don't think it was your bulbs I think it was just a defect!

06STI360

I direct wired them in, so I cut the factory harness thingie off. I could put them back to stock but anyone with half a brain would be able to tell..

06STI360

Not really... I've seen where putting HIDs in regular ballasts causes the plastic to melt. Based on the shape of the discoloration and the high power output (compared to stock hids) I would also say this could be from overheating. If it were fog, it should have some form of bubbling where the water is trying to pool together and this looks more like scorched plastic IMO.

Just confuses me why one would do it, but the other one didn't.

06STI360

Sigh.. maybe your right. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse so maybe I will try and figure out some way I can let them vent without leting moisture get in there. I guess a drive by the stealership too see if I could get them to replace it wouldn't hurt. As long as they don't pop my hood lol. :shock:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
LOL, you should be fine! I would tell them I want it replaced. Also your at your 100th post and you will be cut off until you become a member. :rofl:

06STI360

Haha I will have to swing by one day this week and see what they say, eventhough I already know what they will say. Mah 100th post! Woot woot!

mid-100th_celebration_Mvi3188.ogg.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you see my post above your 100th post?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You tard, lol. Funny funny man you are!

06STI360

Just wait until 200. My 1,000 post over on IW today wasn't even as enthusiastic as that one so your welcome!

I swear there is always something with this car, now my exhaust is making something in the hatch/cargo area rattle lol. I need someone to drive it around while I sit back there and fiddle with things. My GF is terrible at driving a stick so I don't dare ask her.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah I hear ya about the rattles lol. The reason you like to post on here is cause I'm the CEO and involved with the community, lol. Just call me CAPTAIN CRZ! :rofl: