GR Tyler's 2010 AW STI SE: Stage 2 and counting!

06STI360

Its actually so nice to have just a small group of people who really know what the hell they are talking about. The rattle sucks too, its only at like 2,500-2,800 RPM which is a little under 70mph in 6th gear. So I get to hear it the whole way too and from work. Subi build quality FTW lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I bet it's a hanger that's loose underneath there. And thanks for the complements and support it means a lot!

06STI360

I took that stupid shade thing out when I bought my car, the windows are so dark you can't see in there anyways. I did remove the spare tire but left the tool kit thing in there to support the floor so I bet thats whats rattling around.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes that's gotta be what it is for sure! That's it for being dumb your membership fee is now $100, LMAO!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Me so funny!

06STI360

Found my major rattle, it was my lock socket key for my lug nuts vibrating against some hard plastic in the glove box. Don't leave random shit in your glove box kids!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Now you are up to $150 LMAO! Good job! I bet that one was a hard one to find. :)

06STI360

It was, however the one in the hatch is not the tool set. I can open the hatch and bang on the inside plastic of the hatch itself and that is whats rattling. Guess I will take it apart this weekend and see if I can quiet her down a bit.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I bet the latch is loose and needs tighten.

06STI360

They don't have latches though, just a little button. I will take it apart, armed with a roll of electrical tape and gorilla super glue, and damnit I will be sucessful. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
There has to be a latch assembled inside the door. You push the button and then it releases the hatch latch.

06STI360

Oh yeah thats true, IDK I can replicate the sound exactly so I'm sure I can figure it out. Taking off the plastic trim thing looks like it will be a pain though. If I turn my radio up to 35 I can't hear it anyways. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep you just fixed your car by only turning a knob, so now how much should I charge you for membership? LOL!

06STI360

I was thinking about that last night, I have come to an agreement with myself that my membership shall be no less and no more than exactly $13.85 U.S dollars. Simply because thats how much I had in my wallet. Let me know how you would like that.

EDIT!!! For posting the very first IGOTASTI how-to I think I should get a $13.85 discount.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would like that in pennies please. :rofl:

06STI360

Cool just PM me your adress and I'll get it shipped out today! Shipping might be kind of a bitch with all that weight but I will just deduct it from the membership price :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Here is my address:
108 Dick Rd
Balls Deep, MD 91111 LMAO!

Paul.c

No its a real place........I go to balls deep quite often. You should visit, spring time is beautiful there.