GR Tyler's 2010 AW STI SE: Stage 2 and counting!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice job. Looks really good to me. IDC only ever goes to 90% in this log. Fuel trims are superb.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep it looks good to me. :)

06STI360

Wow nearly a week and no problems(self inflicted or otherwise) with the car! Thats a record... good news I got a job closer to my house and cut my commute from 80 miles to 26! woohoo.

Only new news is that I'm in the process of picking up a set of RE30's :cool:

06STI360

Hopefully I can get them at a decent price so I can still buy everyone Christmas presents :lol:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah... Nobody is getting shit from me this year. It's going into the car. LOL

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Santa is watching you HOLY!

06STI360

What do you guys think, I need new tires and I think I have picked what I am going to get. I need a good all around tire that will last a long time, be somewhat comfortable, quiet but handle well in the dry and wet.

So I decided to go with Continental Extreme Contact DW and I think I will be getting 265-35 18's since they are only about 8 bucks more than 245-40's.

I know they will fit but do you think I will have any adverse effects by going with the 265's?

My stockers probably have 5k left in them but I want to get them and have them ready.

I decided to hold off on the RE's for a while.

06STI360

Well I was going to make a poll but it doesn't look like I can..aka I'm too dumb to figure it out.

There is a local guy who wants to trade me his 08 Silver BBS wheels for my SE Enkei wheels for $200 cash on his end. His wheels are in good shape and mine.. well not so much.

Downsides: They are silver.. so I will need to paint them since my car is white. They have All Season Michelin HX MXM4 tires on them, not a fan of AS tires but they do have more treadlife then mine do. Switching tires would be another $150+.

Plus sides, well thats a pretty good deal for some BBS wheels.

Someone talk me out of it please!

Paul.c

Ok, I'll talk you out of it. Your current wheels are just as good as the bbs except they look better. Don't do it. Right now your wheel color is perfect. Plus, painting your new wheels will mean more money. It is not worth the 200 bucks you would be making IMHO.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have to agree with him. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

06STI360

I may or may not have been doing some rainy powerslides and overshot a turn a bit. :rallydriver:

The damage was much ligher than it felt like it was going to be lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would have cried :(

06STI360

I thought about it :lol:

I will never forget the awful noise it made, I have nightmares about it lol. So when I got out to look I was actually kinda suprised at the lack of damage. Also pretty amazed my tire didn't blow out since I have them kinda over inflated at 38psi.

At any rate, I was lucky I didn't seriously damage anything besides my ego.

Enkei wheels FTW lol.