What is the best Downpipe on the market?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
As many of you know, we've already gone stage one on our 2016 STi. Well, now we want Stage 2. What downpipe do you think is a good match for our STi Performance Exhaust?

We want to hear your opinion on this.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This is a very subjective question as everyone is going to state something different.

I personally went with a Godspeed/ebay branded downpipe for $100 shipped 4 years ago. It's still holding up perfectly to this date! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How did it fit?

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Perfect fitment! Otherwise, I would've said I wasted $100 on junk! :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I wanted to stay "legal" and went with a catted DP. I don't think there are that many brands that offer catted except maybe Perrin and Cobb IIRC. Others are all "off-road use only."

Curious why you're already going Stage 2 if you just completed Stage 1. I ask because I'm headed that direction soon and don't want to be left feeling like "Dang, I could've just added one stupid pipe and had WAY more". Is the power jump from 1 to 2 that noticeable?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Curious why you're already going Stage 2 if you just completed Stage 1. I ask because I'm headed that direction soon and don't want to be left feeling like "Dang, I could've just added one stupid pipe and had WAY more". Is the power jump from 1 to 2 that noticeable?
To be honest we always want more, lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am still very partial toward my invidia or tomei. I like the Cobb to. You might want to make it a criteria to have an extra O2 bung already installed. You would have to have it installed on an invidia. The O2 bung is important for proper tuning and if it is a catted down pipe, it should be installed right in the bell mouth of the down pipe. If it is not catted then you could just use the rear O2 bung and omit the rear O2 sensor all together.

JJ! I want to tune it!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Haha well I wonder then why you didn't just go with Stage 2 to begin with?
Good question, lol.
I am still very partial toward my invidia or tomei. I like the Cobb to. You might want to make it a criteria to have an extra O2 bung already installed. You would have to have it installed on an invidia. The O2 bung is important for proper tuning and if it is a catted down pipe, it should be installed right in the bell mouth of the down pipe. If it is not catted then you could just use the rear O2 bung and omit the rear O2 sensor all together.

JJ! I want to tune it!
Oh you will!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You mean to tell me that JJ is not going to have Clark Turner tune his car instead of George?!!?!? :tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You mean to tell me that JJ is not going to have Clark Turner tune his car instead of George?!!?!? :tard:
Holy is the man!